Penny will look to continue his dominance of the Expos when the Florida Marlins open a three-game series at Olympic Stadium.
Still very much alive in the NL East race, the Marlins will be counting on Penny down the stretch. The right-hander should put Florida in position to even its 10-game road trip at 4-4 on Friday. Penny, who has 48 career wins, is 11-3 with a 2.19 ERA in 16 starts against Montreal.
He’s been extremely effective on the road against the Expos, going 5-1 with a 1.88 ERA in seven starts.
The Marlins have won three of four overall, including a 10-8 victory in Philadelphia on Thursday.
The Expos are just happy to be going home. Montreal finished its six-city, 28-day road trip with a 10-15 record following a 4-1 win over the New York Mets on Thursday.
“Thank God it’s over,” Wilkerson said of the road trip. “We did a pretty good job, but I’m happy it’s over because it takes a lot out of you.”
Montreal second baseman Jose Vidro has had good success against Penny in his career, hitting .316 (12-for-38).
Blog Coverage from SB Nation
- New Strasburg rookie-card auction goes north of $100,000
- Red Sox place OF Andrew Benintendi on DL with knee sprain
- Romero strikes out Ortiz to end it, Rays hold off Red Sox
- Former All-Star OF Gomez starts for Texas 5 days after deal
- Nationals acquire lefty reliever Rzepczynski from Athletics
- Hill solid, Turner homers and Dodgers beat Giants 1-0