Rauch was recalled from Triple-A Charlotte on Sunday and will be making his second start of the year.
In his last stint with Chicago, the 25-year-old right-hander drew criticism from general manager Kenny Williams and several White Sox teammates after he left the clubhouse before the end of a 5-1 loss to Anaheim on May 29.
Rauch was sent back to Charlotte immediately after his rough outing. He surrendered five runs and 10 hits in just 3 2-3 innings.
Williams went down to the clubhouse in the ninth inning in an attempt to talk to Rauch about his performance, but the pitcher had already left.
“He made a mistake,” manager Ozzie Guillen said of Rauch. “I talked to the players and we’re going to treat him like a professional. He knows he made a mistake. He didn’t kill anybody. I don’t think we’re going to have any problem having him back here.”
Rauch is one of five fifth starters Chicago has tried this season. The group has gone a combined 0-8.
“Everytime I come down to the fifth starter I say the same stuff, ‘Hopefully it works out,”’ Guillen said.
Not much else has been working out for the White Sox of late. Chicago has lost six of its last eight games.