By now, you may have seen the frustration of Red Sox Nation expressed in one solitary, bony and fully extended digit. If not, there's video from Red Sox Monster here, agreement from Surviving Grady here and David Chalk of Bugs & Cranks giggling with glee like a schoolgirl here.
The Rays and Rays Village (a term I rather enjoy) go for the sweep tonight and if they're successful, I expect we'll see a lot more displays like the one to your right ... only this time it might be toward 'B'-cap wearing dudes on the field.
Elsewhere in the baseball blogosphere ...
• Ken Rosenthal thinks the Red Sox should consider dumping Manny ... yes, again. [Fox Sports]
• If you don't have any Fourth of July plans, watching the Cubs-Cardinals game might not be a bad idea. According to my boys at Cardinals Diaspora, a very lovely young woman is planning on streaking the field. If you DO have plans and this actually happens, don't worry. It'll be on every baseball blog before the end of the inning. [Cardinals Diaspora]
• Baseball blogger breaks toe. Another baseball blogger blogs about it. Someday this media revolutionizing moment will be studied in a journalism class. [Walkoff Walk]
• Here are six GMs who might be dodging bottle rockets at the team picnic soon. [Biz of Baseball]
• Peter Abraham is the man and if he introduces me to Jenn Sterger during All-Star week, I will consider him even more so. [LoHud Yankees Blog]
• Does Kansas City's tradition of yelling "and the home of the CHIEFS" at the end of every National Anthem hurt the Royals chances of signing free agents? If you believe one former player, it does. [BallStar]
• It makes sense if you think about it, but the Padres give away quality beach towels. [Gaslamp Ball]