Mon Dec 12 11:51am EST
Head into any bar late on a Saturday night and there's a 63 percent chance that a group of overserved patrons will be belting out Don McLean's "American Pie." The other 37 percent will be singing Billy Joel's "Piano Man." These are proven facts.
One keyboard-wielding St. Louis Cardinals fan, however, changed things up a bit this weekend and adapted the lyrics of "American Pie" to fit the trauma of losing Albert Pujols to the Los Angeles Angels. It's not the best song in the world — what barroom bellowing backed by Budweiser ever is? — but it's undoubtedly better than most of the typical jersey-burning responses that St. Louisans produced in the wake of Pujols' departure. Enjoy.