April 13, 2010
Most weekday evenings, the Stew looks at a few approaching games that will be worth monitoring and mixes it with some light baseball reading. Discuss the night's happenings in the comments below.
Despite Bruce probably needing a reminder that he's no longer in Louisville, Dusty Baker says he won't fine him for the incident. Cincinnati Enquirer
• It doesn't look like Philly and Pedro are going to be reuniting any time soon. Fanhouse
• The Angels started their day in about the worst way imaginable. A man jumped to his death off the New York hotel they're staying at and a few players actually witnessed it. NYDN
Rays at Orioles, 7:05 If Baltimore is a young team on the rise, its home fans have yet to see it. They're 0-4 at Camden Yards and 1-6 overall.
• Not willing to be outdone by the White Sox, two Cubs fans were caught cavorting in a bathroom stall during Monday's opening day. There's video, too. The Slanch Report
• "You couldn't pull a greased tee out of my behind with a pair of pliers" is one Hawk Harrelsonism that I really hope doesn't catch on. Mouthpiece Sports
• In defense of Tampa Bay's cowbells. Red Sox Monster
Pirates at Giants, 10:15 San Francisco and Philadelphia are tied for the best start in the NL. Is it bad form to mention that both have played schedules heavy with Bucs, 'Stros and Nats?
Question of the Night: Can Jason Heyward lay off breaking balls in the dirt?
* * *
Keep it short