Thu Nov 10 09:58am EST
It's back! 'Duk's Dozen is a heaping morning serving of baseball items, links and takes — designed to keep you warm all offseason long.
1. Jorge Posada(notes) is saying what we've known for most of the year. His 17-year tenure with the New York Yankees is over since the team has a surplus of catchers and no place to put the 40-year-old.
"I don't think there's even a percentage of a chance that I can come back," Posada told reporters on Wednesday night "It's not going to happen."
Posada made these remarks at a gala fundraiser for his foundation, but says he's completely open to playing somewhere else next opening day. He reports that five or six teams have placed calls inquiring about his services. NY Daily News
2. Surely there will be an adjustment period when Posada puts on a Kansas City Royals uniform rather than pinstripes, but he says that watching Bernie Williams navigate the end of a career has prepared him for his exit from the Bronx. LoHud Yankees
3. So where might the Posadas land? Well, since everyone's busy tying every available free agent to the Florida Marlins, Laura Posada wants in on the fun, too. "We live in Miami. That's all I'm saying," she said. "I love Miami. Nice transition." @MarcCarig
4. Speaking of the Marlins, they gave Jose Reyes(notes) the old Joe's Stone Crab treatment on Wednesday. Luckily for rival teams wishing to also sign him, there's a way to duplicate Joe's wonderful, wonderful mustard sauce at home. NYDN
7. After spending his '90s with stops on Chicago's South Side and in Pittsburgh, you figured that Gene Lamont's managing days were over. But hey! The current Detroit Tigers coach will reportedly interview for the Boston Red Sox job this weekend. Hey, if Dan Duquette can return to the GM ranks after almost a decade, why not? Bless You Boys
8. Trey Griffey, son of Junior, continues to make a name for himself on the high school football field. He caught 13 passes for 188 yards and four touchdowns last Friday. Seattle P-I
11. Universal truth: Publish a post about Eric Show hitting Andre Dawson in the face back in the late '80s and I will click on it. Gaslamp Ball