July 04, 2013
Drew Barker played his way into elite company, earning a spot in the 2013 Elite 11 quarterback class.
What started out with 18 of the top high school quarterbacks finished with a final 11 representing the best of the best, as selected by former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer and his team of judges. It's another prestigious honor for Barker, who has gone through a summer of cementing his place among the nation's best (he also participated in the Rivals 5-star Challenge in June).
Here are the full rankings, in order, as decided by Dilfer and company:
1. Sean White, uncommitted, No. 22 pro-style quarterback
2. Kyle Allen, Texas A&M, No. 1 pro-style quarterback
3. Will Grier, Florida, No. 2 dual-threat quarterback
4. Jerrod Heard, Texas, No. 2 dual-threat quarterback
5. Jacob Park, Georgia, No. 9 pro-style quarterback
6. David Blough, Purdue, not ranked
7. Drew Barker, Kentucky, No. 5 pro-style quarterback
8. Luke Rubenzer, California, No. 18 dual-threat quarterback
9. Brad Kaaya, Miami, No. 12 pro-style quarterback
10. Deshaun Watson, Clemson, No. 1 dual-threat quarterback
11. KJ Carta-Samuels, Vanderbilt, No. 11 pro-style quarterback