Preseason Ranks: Wide Receiver
Kenny Britt(notes), who had a few off-the-field indiscretions since the end of last season, managed to avoid the wrath of Roger Goodell. After it was learned he would not be suspended by the NFL, Britt jumped up four spots on the latest wide receiver rankings board. … Chad Ochocinco(notes) cracked the top 20 in the previous WR rankings, but reports of No. 85 being slow to grasp the Patriots offense has dropped him to No. 26. … The Roy Williams/Mike Martz reunion honeymoon period is officially over. Williams has underwhelmed the Bears this preseason and he’s currently losing the depth chart battle with Johnny Knox(notes). Subsequently, Williams has dropped nearly 20 spots in the rankings (No. 35 to No. 53), while, appropriately, Knox moves ahead of him at No. 43. … Steelers second-year wideout Antonio Brown(notes) made the strongest rankings debut (No. 62) on the heels of his dynamic two-touchdown performance in Week 3 of the preseason.
Note: The following list comprises the top 75 wide receiver rankings for 2011 of each Yahoo! Sports fantasy expert. The list is ordered by the overall top 75 composite ranking of the four experts, with the remaining wide receivers that received votes rounding out the bottom of the list.
Scoring system: Pass TD = 4; 20 Pass Yards = 1; Rush/Receive TD = 6; 10 Rush/Receive Yards = 1
- Fantasy football strategy: Eddie Royal could be a nice PPR piece
- Fantasy football strategy: Is it time to look at Jordan Reed late?
- Fantasy football strategy: Pick up Ronnie Hillman late?
- The Fantasy War Room is LIVE!
- Daily fantasy football strategy: Tyrod Taylor set to start in Week 1
- Fantasy football draft strategy: Will Drew Brees be OK with his old weapons?
- Yahoo Fantasy Freak Show Podcast
- Emmanuel Sanders returns to practice, hamstring injury not a concern for fantasy owners
- Montee Ball on the roster bubble, fantasy window is closing
- Sammy Watkins back at practice and ready to deliver for fantasy owners
- DeVante Parker practicing on Monday, worth stashing in fantasy leagues
- Travis Kelce leaves practice with injury that fantasy owners should monitor
- Martavis Bryant's fantasy value takes big hit with 4-game suspension upheld
- Julius Thomas could miss 4-5 weeks with finger surgery, forcing fantasy owners to adjust
- Fantasy football draft strategy: Ryan Tannehill time?
- Fantasy football draft strategy: Tevin Coleman doesn't lose ground on Saturday