Preseason Ranks: Wide Receiver
Kenny Britt(notes), who had a few off-the-field indiscretions since the end of last season, managed to avoid the wrath of Roger Goodell. After it was learned he would not be suspended by the NFL, Britt jumped up four spots on the latest wide receiver rankings board. … Chad Ochocinco(notes) cracked the top 20 in the previous WR rankings, but reports of No. 85 being slow to grasp the Patriots offense has dropped him to No. 26. … The Roy Williams/Mike Martz reunion honeymoon period is officially over. Williams has underwhelmed the Bears this preseason and he’s currently losing the depth chart battle with Johnny Knox(notes). Subsequently, Williams has dropped nearly 20 spots in the rankings (No. 35 to No. 53), while, appropriately, Knox moves ahead of him at No. 43. … Steelers second-year wideout Antonio Brown(notes) made the strongest rankings debut (No. 62) on the heels of his dynamic two-touchdown performance in Week 3 of the preseason.
Note: The following list comprises the top 75 wide receiver rankings for 2011 of each Yahoo! Sports fantasy expert. The list is ordered by the overall top 75 composite ranking of the four experts, with the remaining wide receivers that received votes rounding out the bottom of the list.
Scoring system: Pass TD = 4; 20 Pass Yards = 1; Rush/Receive TD = 6; 10 Rush/Receive Yards = 1
- Preseason Ranks: Wide Receiver
- Brazil police arrest last suspect in Olympics terrorism case
- Swimming's governing body rules 7 Russians ineligible for Olympics because of doping violations
- South Korea baseballer gets police probe for match-fixing
- Chris Froome wins his third Tour de France title
- The IOC rejects bid by Russian whistleblower Yulia Stepanova to compete as neutral athlete in Olympics
- AP Source: IOC decides against complete ban on Russians from Rio Olympics
- Ainslie rebounds to share lead at America's Cup World Series
- New York inspector general faults state boxing commission
- Yacht sinks during stormy sailing race across Lake Michigan
- South Korean baseballer under investigation for match-fixing
- Ainslie leads British crew to America's Cup World Series win
- U.S. Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis Tygart says 'the IOC has refused to take decisive leadership'
- IOC says Russia barred from entering any athlete who has ever been sanctioned for doping
- Snow beats Gilmour for 2nd Governor's Cup regatta title
- Sunderland hires David Moyes as manager of the Premier League club