Preseason Ranks: Top 100
Ryan Grant’s(notes) return from an ankle injury that wiped out his 2010 season has been a rollercoaster ride in terms of trying to determine his fantasy value for the upcoming season. He started the summer near the bottom of the top 100 as the fantasy experts exercised caution until there was clear evidence of renewed health in his ankle. But he rocketed all the way up to No. 37 in the previous rankings update as backup James Stark suffered his own ankle injury in Week 1 of the preseason, allowing Grant to re-establish himself as the Packers backfield lead. But then came reports that Grant could be a late-summer cut because of his salary, not to mention that many have claimed that Starks, since his return to the field, has looked like a more potent runner than Grant. Those recent developments have dropped Grant back down in the neighborhood where he started, at No. 81 overall. And not too much further down the list (No. 98) looms Starks, making his top 100 debut.
Could there be a platoon relationship ahead? Could Starks’ youth and vitality push him quickly into a lead role as the season starts to unfold? Or will the veteran Grant weather the storm of competition? Perhaps no other backfield is as big a question mark heading into the 2011 campaign.
The following list comprises the overall top 100 player rankings for 2011 of each Yahoo! Sports fantasy expert. The list is ordered by the overall top 100 composite ranking of the four experts, with the remaining players that received votes rounding out the bottom of the list.
Scoring system: Pass TD = 4; 25 Pass Yards = 1; Rush/Receive TD = 6; 10 Rush/Receive Yards = 1
Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports:
• Peyton Manning listed as ‘doubtful’ for season opener
• Video: The NFL’s most critical offseason moves
• College football’s Week 1 surprises/disappointments
- Week 5 Fantasy Football Power Rankings: Brees should continue momentum
- Jeremy Hill limited in practice, not in danger of a fantasy absence
- Week 5 DFS Lineup: Buying the Broncos
- Crockett Gillmore misses 5th straight practice, fantasy hopes slim for Sunday
- Zach Zenner could get carries even if Joique Bell returns, fantasy value remains long-term
- Yahoo Fantasy Football Re-Draft: Le'Veon Bell won't relinquish his RB1 throne
- Yahoo Fantasy Freak Show Podcast
- LeSean McCoy, Karlos Williams both absent from practice Thursday, fantasy changes appearing likely
- Pierre Garcon practices Thursday, should be in line for fantasy start
- The Fantasy War Room is LIVE!
- Steve Smith sits out practice, fantasy start unlikely
- Dion Lewis signs 2-year contract extension, securing fantasy future
- Allen Hurns returns to practice, has a juicy fantasy matchup on Sunday
- Sammy Watkins limited at Thursday practice, presents big fantasy upside if active
- Finding DFS value plays for Thursday's seven-game NHL slate
- Joseph Randle still the Cowboys starter, remains a fine fantasy flex