Preseason Ranks: Top 100
Ryan Grant’s(notes) return from an ankle injury that wiped out his 2010 season has been a rollercoaster ride in terms of trying to determine his fantasy value for the upcoming season. He started the summer near the bottom of the top 100 as the fantasy experts exercised caution until there was clear evidence of renewed health in his ankle. But he rocketed all the way up to No. 37 in the previous rankings update as backup James Stark suffered his own ankle injury in Week 1 of the preseason, allowing Grant to re-establish himself as the Packers backfield lead. But then came reports that Grant could be a late-summer cut because of his salary, not to mention that many have claimed that Starks, since his return to the field, has looked like a more potent runner than Grant. Those recent developments have dropped Grant back down in the neighborhood where he started, at No. 81 overall. And not too much further down the list (No. 98) looms Starks, making his top 100 debut.
Could there be a platoon relationship ahead? Could Starks’ youth and vitality push him quickly into a lead role as the season starts to unfold? Or will the veteran Grant weather the storm of competition? Perhaps no other backfield is as big a question mark heading into the 2011 campaign.
The following list comprises the overall top 100 player rankings for 2011 of each Yahoo! Sports fantasy expert. The list is ordered by the overall top 100 composite ranking of the four experts, with the remaining players that received votes rounding out the bottom of the list.
Scoring system: Pass TD = 4; 25 Pass Yards = 1; Rush/Receive TD = 6; 10 Rush/Receive Yards = 1
Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports:
• Peyton Manning listed as ‘doubtful’ for season opener
• Video: The NFL’s most critical offseason moves
• College football’s Week 1 surprises/disappointments
- Preseason Ranks: Top 100
- Fantasy football waiver wire: Week 4 byes include Peyton Manning, Marshawn Lynch, A.J. Green
- Fantasy football waiver wire advice, Week 4: Hot players with potential downside
- Pickups of the Week: Rebuild your wounded franchise one add at a time
- Fantasy football waiver wire: 5 running backs to pick up for Week 4
- Matt Forte produces all purpose points for fantasy owners on MNF
- Chris Ivory offensive weapon for fantasy owners on MNF
- Jay Cutler shines for fantasy owners on Monday Night Football
- yahoofantasy:Staying in the right frame of mind is important....
- The Ticker, Week 4: The worse you're doing, the more you need the waiver wire
- Fantasy football waiver wire, Week 4: 5 tight ends to target
- Fantasy football waiver wire, Week 4: 5 wide receivers to target
- Fantasy football waiver wire: 5 quarterbacks to target for Week 4
- Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett produce for fantasy owners on MNF
- Eric Decker reinjures hamstring, exits Monday Night Football early; fantasy owners weep
- Mostly NFL Notes: Talking Monday Night Football and a look around the league in Week 3