Preseason Ranks: Top 100
Ryan Grant’s(notes) return from an ankle injury that wiped out his 2010 season has been a rollercoaster ride in terms of trying to determine his fantasy value for the upcoming season. He started the summer near the bottom of the top 100 as the fantasy experts exercised caution until there was clear evidence of renewed health in his ankle. But he rocketed all the way up to No. 37 in the previous rankings update as backup James Stark suffered his own ankle injury in Week 1 of the preseason, allowing Grant to re-establish himself as the Packers backfield lead. But then came reports that Grant could be a late-summer cut because of his salary, not to mention that many have claimed that Starks, since his return to the field, has looked like a more potent runner than Grant. Those recent developments have dropped Grant back down in the neighborhood where he started, at No. 81 overall. And not too much further down the list (No. 98) looms Starks, making his top 100 debut.
Could there be a platoon relationship ahead? Could Starks’ youth and vitality push him quickly into a lead role as the season starts to unfold? Or will the veteran Grant weather the storm of competition? Perhaps no other backfield is as big a question mark heading into the 2011 campaign.
The following list comprises the overall top 100 player rankings for 2011 of each Yahoo! Sports fantasy expert. The list is ordered by the overall top 100 composite ranking of the four experts, with the remaining players that received votes rounding out the bottom of the list.
Scoring system: Pass TD = 4; 25 Pass Yards = 1; Rush/Receive TD = 6; 10 Rush/Receive Yards = 1
Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports:
• Peyton Manning listed as ‘doubtful’ for season opener
• Video: The NFL’s most critical offseason moves
• College football’s Week 1 surprises/disappointments
- Alshon Jeffery active Thursday night for Bears, fantasy owners
- Peyton Manning targeting a Week 15 return, per report, fantasy value remains low
- NFL Week 12 starts, sits and fantasy football advice
- Sam Bradford inactive for Thanksgiving game, Mark Sanchez will start for Eagles, fantasy owners
- Martellus Bennett ruled out for Thursday's game, fantasy owners need a backup plan
- The Fantasy War Room is closed
- Fantasy football start/sit, Week 12: Jonathan Stewart picking up steam
- Fantasy football start/sit, Week 12: Darren McFadden will get tons of carries
- Matt Forte active on Thanksgiving night for Bears, fantasy owners
- Devonta Freeman sits second straight practice, fantasy owners must prepare other options
- Calvin Johnson active for Thanksgiving game, can be started in fantasy leagues as usual
- NFL survivor pool strategy, Week 12: Why wait 'til Sunday?
- Yahoo Fantasy Freak Show: Searching for bargains in the Week 12 Daily slate
- Fantasy football start/sit, Week 12: Jay Cutler gets the Pack on Thanksgiving
- Fantasy football start/sit, Week 12: Tony Romo ready for Thanksgiving
- Fantasy football start/sit, Week 12: Terrance Williams has his boy Tony Romo again