Preseason Ranks: Top 100
Ryan Grant’s(notes) return from an ankle injury that wiped out his 2010 season has been a rollercoaster ride in terms of trying to determine his fantasy value for the upcoming season. He started the summer near the bottom of the top 100 as the fantasy experts exercised caution until there was clear evidence of renewed health in his ankle. But he rocketed all the way up to No. 37 in the previous rankings update as backup James Stark suffered his own ankle injury in Week 1 of the preseason, allowing Grant to re-establish himself as the Packers backfield lead. But then came reports that Grant could be a late-summer cut because of his salary, not to mention that many have claimed that Starks, since his return to the field, has looked like a more potent runner than Grant. Those recent developments have dropped Grant back down in the neighborhood where he started, at No. 81 overall. And not too much further down the list (No. 98) looms Starks, making his top 100 debut.
Could there be a platoon relationship ahead? Could Starks’ youth and vitality push him quickly into a lead role as the season starts to unfold? Or will the veteran Grant weather the storm of competition? Perhaps no other backfield is as big a question mark heading into the 2011 campaign.
The following list comprises the overall top 100 player rankings for 2011 of each Yahoo! Sports fantasy expert. The list is ordered by the overall top 100 composite ranking of the four experts, with the remaining players that received votes rounding out the bottom of the list.
Scoring system: Pass TD = 4; 25 Pass Yards = 1; Rush/Receive TD = 6; 10 Rush/Receive Yards = 1
Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports:
• Peyton Manning listed as ‘doubtful’ for season opener
• Video: The NFL’s most critical offseason moves
• College football’s Week 1 surprises/disappointments
- Hunter Pence breaks his arm
- Fantasy Baseball Rankings: Catcher
- Fantasy Baseball Rankings: Second Base
- Fantasy Baseball Rankings: Shortstop
- Fantasy Baseball Rankings: Starting Pitcher
- Fantasy Baseball Rankings: Top 250
- Fantasy Baseball Position Primer: Catcher
- Tip Drill: Revisiting the Draft vs. Auction debate
- High Fives: Down on the corner
- Fantasy Baseball Rankings: First Base
- Fantasy Baseball Rankings: Third Base
- Fantasy Baseball Rankings: Relief Pitcher
- Fantasy Baseball Rankings: Outfield
- Fantasy Baseball Position Primer: Corner Infield
- High Fives: Dishing on Gattis, and other catchers
- High Fives: Which baseball players could see fantasy boost with new teams?