Preseason Ranks: Running Back
What to make of Arian Foster’s(notes) hamstring injury? The Y! fantasy experts took reports of a potential 3-4-week layoff with a grain of salt and showed only mild pessimism for the Texans back in the updated rankings, dropping him to No. 2 at RB (tied for No. 1 in the previous rankings). … The recent contract resolution between Chris Johnson and Tennessee elevated Johnson’s stock back towards the top of the RB rankings. … Where it once looked like Ryan Grant(notes) was going to return to a featured role in Green Bay, now things don’t appear so certain. With the threat of a shared workload, Grant’s stock drops significantly in the latest rankings, while backfield partner James Starks(notes) gets a bump up. … Felix Jones(notes) and Tim Hightower(notes) continue to make all the right moves for their respective NFC East squads, and both enjoyed another healthy jump up the RB board.
Note: The following list comprises the top 60 running back rankings for 2011 of each Yahoo! Sports fantasy expert. The list is ordered by the overall top 60 composite ranking of the four experts, with the remaining running backs that received votes rounding out the bottom of the list.
Scoring system: Pass TD = 4; 25 Pass Yards = 1; Rush/Receive TD = 6; 10 Rush/Receive Yards = 1
Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports:
• Video: Fantasy Football RB draft advice - QB - WR
• Why Tim Tebow and other QBs struggle in their NFL transition
• Boxing champ Oscar De La Hoya bares his demons to the world
- Week 16 Flames: What up, Cuz? ‘Skins QB will take owners to Titletown
- NFL Skinny: Week 16 Rankings Preview
- Justin Tucker kicks Ravens to critical win, immediately thanks his fantasy owners
- Tip Drill: Building a better (fake) league
- Sunday Scene, Week 15: Jamaal Charles, next year’s No. 1
- Throwing Darts: Henne Given Sunday