Ten players I hate more than you
You spend a month of your life bunkered down on football research and trust me, some bad feelings creep to the surface. We take the hit during the spring so you don’t have to.
Here are 10 players I hate more than you …
Donovan McNabb(notes) – Never a safe bet for a full season, he’s no longer interested in running much, and that completion percentage makes me nervous. You almost have to treat his 2008 line as a pesudo-career year; someone is going to overpay for it.
Jonathan Stewart(notes) – He’s still a No. 2 back, he’s got no utility in the passing game, and DeAngelo Williams(notes) is more legitimate than a lot of people accept. Stewart will get his share of reps, but he’s not going to overthrow the starter here. A mysterious spring ankle injury doesn’t help the cause.
Reggie Bush(notes) – Really, it’s nothing against the Saints, there will be plenty of fantasy goodness here. But Bush can’t be trusted between the tackles, and the Saints know he’s not ideally suited for heavy touches.
Antonio Bryant(notes) – It’s hard to let go of what he heroically posted during the fantasy playoff season (only DeAngelo Williams was more central to league titles), but we can’t ignore Bryant’s checkered history, and again, I have no faith in the Bucs quarterback setup.
Willis McGahee(notes) – Explosion is gone, young backs look more appealing for the meaty roles (Le’Ron McClain(notes) at the goal line, Ray Rice(notes) out of the spread offense). A shame McGahee wasn’t blessed with better luck and healthier knees.
- Russia returns to celebrate 30th Windermere Cup rowing event
- Beach volleyball goes to college for 1st NCAA championship
- MMA fighter Jordan Parsons dies after hit-and-run crash
- USA Luge National Team named for 2016-2017 season
- Meet the next sport of the modern age: Drone racing
- Court rules former coach's lawsuit against Texas can proceed
- School sacks nation's last tackle powder-puff football game
- Bangkok temple now a venerated site for Leicester City fans
- U.S women's coach Karch Kiraly to stay on for 2020 Olympics
- Trump: I have too much integrity to cheat at golf
- Coach: NC travel ban to cost Minnesota athletes opportunity
- Goalie Blaze Riorden a key to Albany Great Danes' success
- Paralympian's equipment stolen during weekend bike race
- USA Swimming bans former Harvard, Fordham coach for life
- IBU lifts meldonium ban of junior world champion Latypov
- Taliban threats force Afghan boy, fan of Messi, into exile