Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
I guess 8th round fits Prado and you would be comfortable with him starting I'm guessing. I too though highly of Cespedes but learned quickly after that it was nothing. Good move. Kuroda woulda been a nice piece to a team but it seems like you had it covered with your young guys.
Auto draft? Really? Whys that. Isn't the fun about drafting a guy and being excited?
8th round is never too high for a guy that plays 4 fantasy baseball positions, hits in the middle of a MLB lineup, rarely strikes out, has double digit HR power, has stolen double digit bases in a season, and has a career MLB batting average of .290+.
Cespedes was a bust but I was able to capitalize on his HR Derby success...notice that the trade was during the All-Star Break. Again...fools overvalue the HR.
Kuroda was dropped early in the season due to his slow start. I couldn't get him back and I went with young arms and a better K rate. At different times this season I owned Fernandez, Cingrani, and Wacha too.
The last picks were to provide team depth in case I didn't land Zobrist or Prado. (FYI...this draft was an auto draft based purely off my pre-draft rankings). I only auto-draft.
Miller and Moore were definitely good this year, traded for both. Moore was great before the injury and was inconsistent with a couple great starts here and there. I would wan them again because of the teams they are on and they get K's so I don't have to own as many SPs. They will be very high though and I won't waste a pick in that I think. If you don't want them in our draft though, I'll take em.
I love how you didn't draft a pitcher until the 9th. Surprised by your Hamilton pick as overrated as he is, but I bet you knew you'd sell him. Cespedes was a bust but you also got rid of him. Is 8 too high for Prado? Maybe he was hyped more at the beginning of season, he did have a good end though. I drafted Hanson too lol and I dropped him within 5 days. Where did Kuroda go? Drop him? What was your strategy with the last picks? They seem just for the same of it. Good draft though I guess, but your management and what you did with it was what made it good.
I really like that Gomez trade for you, as well as Rios/Scherzer, and CarGo/Hamilton. You made out well and gave what they wanted even though it was overrated. How in the world did you get the manager to accept that Hamilton / CarGo trade? He must've loved Hamilton. Again good job and good luck next season.
1) Discuss the shared histories of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, and detail their early spread
across the known world.
(2) Discuss Africa as the “cradle of humanity,” the early population disbursements of its people
related to resources and technology, and why Roberts says “for most of historical times…it
(Africa) has been the home of peoples to whom things have happened.”
(3) Discuss the importance of the Gupta Dynasty in Indian history, as well as the Moghul Empire.
(4) Detail the importance of the Ch’in and Han dynasties to Chinese history and culture, both
internally and how the country faced the outside world.
(5) Discuss the Japanese military mindset, and how its attraction to European warfare technology
influenced drastic culture change.
(6) Detail how the Church and royals worked together to rule European society from the top down
during the feudal era.
Need help to answer these in essay form I have number 2 and 4 done only need 2 more if you know how to do history please help thanks.
Carlos Santana,fielder,cano,beltre,segura,trout,puig,soriano,carpenter, chris johnson.. Pitchers Darvish,ryu,corbin,liriano,cobb. kimbrel,jansen,henderson milancen
Roto this year going to H2H next year. 10 team league.
Trade this season:
1. Feb 21 4:11am Shane Victorino (Bos - OF) GAVE
Norichika Aoki (Mil - OF) RECEIVED
2. Mar 4 3:46am Josh Hamilton (LAA - OF) GAVE
Norichika Aoki (Mil - OF)
David Murphy (Tex - OF)
Carlos González (Col - OF) RECEIVED
Álex Ríos (Tex - OF)
3. Jul 19 4:04am Carlos Gómez (Mil - OF) RECEIVED
Mark Buehrle (Tor - SP)
Yoenis Céspedes (Oak - OF) GAVE
Ricky Nolasco (LAD - SP)
4. Aug 4 4:29am Carlos González (Col - OF) GAVE
Álex Ríos (Tex - OF)
Evan Gattis (Atl - C,OF)
Russell Martin (Pit - C) RECEIVED
David Wright (NYM - 3B)
Mike Trout (LAA - OF)
5. Aug 8 5:32am Wil Myers (TB - OF) GAVE
José Fernández (Mia - SP)
Álex Ríos (Tex - OF) RECEIVED
Max Scherzer (Det - SP)
1. (6) Andrew McCutchen (Pit - OF)
2. (19) Josh Hamilton (LAA - OF)
3. (30) Hanley Ramírez (LAD - 3B,SS)
4. (43) Yoenis Céspedes (Oak - OF)
5. (54) Allen Craig (StL - 1B,OF)
6. (67) Ben Zobrist (TB - 2B,SS,OF)
7. (78) Ian Desmond (Was - SS)
8. (91) Martín Prado (Ari - 2B,3B,SS,OF)
9. (102) James Shields (KC - SP)
10. (115) Shane Victorino (Bos - OF)
11. (126) Hiroki Kuroda (NYY - SP)
12. (139) Mike Napoli (Bos - C,1B)
13. (150) C.J. Wilson (LAA - SP)
14. (163) Mike Minor (Atl - SP)
15. (174) Andy Pettitte (NYY - SP)
16. (187) Casey Janssen (Tor - RP)
17. (198) Grant Balfour (Oak - RP)
18. (211) Tommy Hanson (LAA - SP)
19. (222) Michael Young (LAD - 1B,2B,3B)
20. (235) Marco Scutaro (SF - 2B,3B,SS)
21. (246) Wil Myers (TB - OF)
22. (259) David Murphy (Tex - OF)
23. (270) Ty Wigginton (StL - 1B,3B,OF)
Carpenter will only be 2nd and 3b next season, so position versatility is out. Beltre is still doing well, but I have little faith (i'm always wrong). It is a toss up on which I would drop in this scenario
would not mind helping, but only one guy on that list i would keep--Puig
surely you have some real good players, everyone else is going to keep better players than yours, and you will start with an inferior roster.
Miller was my best draft pick of the year, aside from Cuddyer. I would say I'm disappointed with Moore overall, but he did give me a few Ks and W's down the stretch, and helped me a ton early on. I regret not selling high on him, and probably would not want him on my team next year
These set-up men turned closers are proof you don't need to waste high picks on the Papelbons of fantasy baseball to have success in the saves category.
I hope this formally puts that debate to rest for good.
Didn't happen. And Moore's only at 145 innings with one start left. Miller's at 173 innings while keeping up his IP per start rate.
Whoever said that misjudged it by a lot. I think we all know who I'm talking about.