General Message Board
First question does anyone know where you can make suggestions to yahoo for new rules and commissioner tools? It would be nice to have a simple button or link somewhere on their fantasy site instead of having to post it in a thread like this.
As for my 3 suggestions
1) Have it that the commissioner of a league has the ability to remove players from the draft list before you go live. Even if yahoo thinks this is a problem because a commissioner might cheat then make the deletions public in the league so all teams can see what happened.
2) On the same lines as item number one. Could yahoo work on a way that a commissioner could designate free agents to individual managers. This would allow for in a prospect based league to keep players in the free agent pool and not take up roster spots while still making sure other managers are picking up protected players.
3) Allow managers to retroactively remove players from a team and remove points that player may have gained a manager in that league. I know in my league that I run we have prospects and sometimes managers don't realize that they picked up another managers protected player. I as the commissioner don't always find the mistake the day it happens. It would be nice to be able to remove those players and remove any statistics they may have earned for the manager while they have had them in their line-up.
- VANDEPAS VANDEPAS Jan 12, 2015 11:16 AM Flag
Clayton, I would assume you have an innings limit in your league. If you don't put any pitchers in the line-up you will not meet the limit and therefore all stats that your pitchers would get won't count. I think you can still set up having an minimum innings limit in a points based league. I know for sure you can set up maximums.
If you are able to set up a minimum that would solve all the issues you are talking about.
As a Commissioner in a league that has prospects I like the idea of having a prospect team(s) but I think it would turn into a real hassle when managers want to pick up a player that is on that team. How has it worked out for you?
- VANDEPAS VANDEPAS Jan 10, 2015 11:16 AM Flag
Is there a way to designate players that won't count against your roster? This seems to come up in every prospect based league I am in. Would yahoo look into something that would allow for there to be a secondary team that does count against your roster. Or have a way for the commissioner can protect players in the Free Agent pool and designate them to owners. Something along these lines would be very helpful for dynasty and prospect based leagues. Also is there a way to delete players from all teams draft lists so that players that aren't eligible for drafts mistakenly get drafted by managers?
- VANDEPAS by VANDEPAS Nov 10, 2014 11:17 AM Flag
This 4th year keeper league with 4 minor league prospects per team is looking for a replacement manager for next year. Good active league with lots of message board activity. Lots of trades as well. Will provide more information on the league via email. Am also always available to answer questions on the league.
jeremyvandepas at hotmail dot ca.
- Reply to Steve Nov 3, 2014 7:35 PMVANDEPAS VANDEPAS Nov 10, 2014 11:13 AM Flag
I would be very interested in this league. Send me an email. jeremyvandepas at hotmail dot ca
- Reply to Dan Oct 18, 2014 10:25 PMVANDEPAS VANDEPAS Nov 10, 2014 11:12 AM Flag
Interested in the league if you could send me some more information. jeremyvandepas at hotmail dot ca.
How does the Franchuse Player and Prospect choice work? How will the salary caps work? How will future salaries be determined? Also how does the upper and lower minor league levels work? If you could email me that would be great.
Expert Fantasy Advice
A look at fantasy players whose values have moved up and down in week 13. … More »
Another week, another Knicks guard on the fantasy radar. … More »