Commissioner Corner Message Board
- Slappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 6, 2014 3:11 PM Flag
nobody knows, he was terrible last year and really for a few months before that in late 2012 too. he is walking more this year but the ABs are so small...he'lll eeither make your team or break it. If it was costing me someone below say 120 to 140 ranking i'd roll the dice.
- Slappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 6, 2014 3:08 PM Flag
yes, except then you'd have to play cabrera and one of frazier/ortiz would be out of the lineup so...don't know if it makes much sense from a roster construction standpoint
- Slappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 6, 2014 3:06 PM Flag
20hr...from here on out? hahahaha the only way that is even remotely possible is if he signs with the yankees and tex is out for the season, but I don't see it happening. .270 with 12 hr would be good for him ROS.
- Slappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 6, 2014 10:50 AM Flag
cubs are in no hurry to bring him up, he's 1 for 17 with a bunch of k's and hitting .217, got lots to work on apparently.
- Slappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 6, 2014 10:44 AM Flag
I'm trying to figure out who your 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks were...I would try to trade Holliday for pitching, I think cain and butler you can let go, along with hammel. maybe stream start or pick up someone like dickerson? dunno, you can't make wine out of lemons.
- Slappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 6, 2014 10:38 AM Flag
12 teamer he's probably worth spot starting. Detroit has not been hitting great lately, so I am starting him in one deeper league.
- Slappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 5, 2014 1:15 PM Flag
webb is walking a lot of guys, I think belasario will stock for now and if he doesn't then it could be anyone next.
- Slappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 5, 2014 1:14 PM Flag
This may work, but only in a non keeper league and only in H2H, Lohse and Hudson don't have as much value in roto with IP cap.
- Reply to mike o Jun 4, 2014 10:55 PMSlappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 5, 2014 1:12 PM Flag
I own him in several keeper/dynasty leagues. I believe his value is still quite high, but you have to take a discount for the injury this year and the texas logjam at MI with Odur and Andrus. Hitting in arlington should be a boon for his power, but what if he gets dealth to say, Seattle, Tampa, San Diego, etc. Maybe unlikely, but you could probably get an older player for him to help you this year like a cliff lee if he's healthy, or maybe a hanley ramirez? Depends on what you need for this year, I would start trolling the bottom teams in your league to get some ideas.
- Slappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 5, 2014 1:04 PM Flag
ah, I think this is the new cain, 3.8 era rest of season, and in an IP capped roto league his K/9 is below average as well. I'd let him clear.
- Slappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 5, 2014 12:58 PM Flag
size of league? if one year roto, i'd pick up dickerson i think he'll play pretty much everyday. he hit lefties real well in minors. when gonzalez comes back you can move on to someone else.
- Slappytheclown Slappytheclown Jun 4, 2014 4:53 PM Flag
NYY wouldn't happen, they don't have the prospects. Boston has prospects but in division seems unlikely. Tor unlikely as do not have impact prospects anymore and in division. LAD, Cards most likely, Braves and PIT next. Don't count out A's.