General Message Board
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest Oct 21, 2013 7:56 PM Flag
Ok you rock... so if I try to get Henson... who ya think I should drop? Prince? Affalo? Foye? Frye? Someone else? And do you think I should pick Hardaway back up? I dropped him thinking Melo, JR, and Metta would take too many opportunities away, but I then I started thinking maybe he'd end up being the source of Assts I kind of need. Thx for the help!!!
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest Oct 21, 2013 3:55 PM Flag
thanks... well you got Bron and TParker so I'd say it's an 8 right there. I like Cousins/Knight. I say grab C.Frye off the wire... that's what I did b/c I felt soft at C... you might too I think.
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest Oct 21, 2013 3:51 PM Flag
so to drop Prince, Peace, and Foye... I'd have to replace them with pieces... Collison, Henson, Jamison, Brewer and some others are out there...but none of them really thrill me.
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest Oct 21, 2013 3:49 PM Flag
thanks man!!! I picked up Frye b/c I was thinking I was weak at C also. Who would you drop to pick up Henson or Collison?
Hey all 12 team league, never did basketball before so I have very little clue as to whether it looks decent, strength, weakness... any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Here's my team:
1. (6) Kyrie Irving (Cle - PG)
2. (19) Al Horford (Atl - PF,C)
3. (30) Russell Westbrook (OKC - PG) ...did I reach too high here?
4. (43) Josh Smith (Det - SF,PF)
5. (54) Derrick Favors (Uta - PF,C) ...again too high a reach?
6. (67) Kevin Garnett (Bkn - PF,C) ...good? dumb?
7. (78) Luol Deng (Chi - SF) ...ditto? ditto?
8. (91) Kevin Martin (Min - SG) pretty clueless after this round, you guys tell me, lol... decent?
9. (102) Nene Hilario (Was - PF,C)
10. (115) Arron Afflalo (Orl - SG,SF)
11. (126) Brandon Knight (Mil - PG,SG)
12. (139) Tayshaun Prince (Mem - SF,PF)
13. (150) Metta World Peace (NY - SF,PF)
14. (163) Randy Foye (Den - PG,SG)
15. (174) Tim Hardaway Jr. (NY - SG)
I already dropped Hardaway Jr. and picked up Channing Frye... good?
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest Jun 5, 2013 12:29 AM Flag
No I wouldn't... 1st off Kyle Kendrick has pitched well, why drop him? 2nd #$%$ is safe-votto.. that's weird and makes no sense. So ok, mid-grade 2Bman are a dime a dozen and I would bet dollars to donuts that a a near equivalent or perhaps even better option to Howie Kendrick is sitting out there as a free agent. Crawford is an injury waiting happen... oh wait, he is injured, enough said, lol. Aoki never misses a beat, never injured, always consistent like a Suzuki-lite... Youk will be full-time at 3B in an ever-increasingly potent Yanks lineup and you keep Smrdzjaqtuerywyi and Kyle Kendrick b/c they're both pitching well. If all you want are SBs... they're easy to find on the wire. You're better off rejecting this deal.
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest Jun 5, 2013 12:19 AM Flag
that one is a little dicey considering how hot Brown is at the moment... I love Cutch, he's a 1st rounder all the way,BUT... does Cutch and Franklin/Castro outperform Brown/Reyes? Also as Keeper, Brown is younger, he's essentially a rookie this year, albeit a slightly older one, but this will be his first full season so you would have years of him as well. So it's tough to say and depends on what your team needs are as far as power vs speed vs average. Nobody can really give you a definitive answer without seeing your whole roster, what other teams are lookin like, and the settings for your league... but off the top of my gut, I would painfully turn this deal down simply because if aint broke, why fix it. Reyes will be back in a month, and you can deal a SS for something useful because they're almost always in demand on someone's team.
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest Jun 4, 2013 12:00 PM Flag
I don;t think your pitching is deep enough to make this deal and I don;t think it makes your team any better either. You should get more for Clay by himself... let alone Kipnis too. Cespedes and Cabrerra are both decent, but Clay is an Ace... Scherzer is your only other healthy SP of any significant value. I would deal or drop Will Myers as well unless this is a keeper format.
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest Jun 3, 2013 2:51 PM Flag
Wilhelmson is a barely a journeyman, let alone any sort of established Closer... Wacha is a nice young stud and you would be wise to hold onto him in a keeper league and allow his value to increase. Burton is irrelevant in all formats and all leagues, lol. Keep Wacha dude, Wilhelmson isn't worth it when Closers always rotate year to year.
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest Jun 1, 2013 7:03 PM Flag
bad idea... you can find an equivalent SP to a struggling Gio for a lot less on the wire and Gardner is just not worth dealing for value-wise compared to Choo... I say stand pat.
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest Jun 1, 2013 6:54 PM Flag
If you want in on the ground floor for next year by taking over a "project" team that I need a replacement owner for this year... you can write me at xray91 [at] yahoo.com It's a very competitive 16 team mixed H2H with expanded stats and rosters that I've been running for 6 years. Next season we're probably converting it to a dynasty format from a clean slate. anyone else, feel free to contact me about it also... no slouches, no soft owners... experienced, active, and non-douchey only, please, thanks!
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest May 30, 2013 1:02 PM Flag
deal Sandoval for a top SS or 2B... slot Reynolds at 3B. Also try to deal any of Morse, Frazier, Buck, Villanueva, Quintana for a closer or said middle infielder and your team will be better for it.
- Sizzle Chest Sizzle Chest May 30, 2013 12:57 PM Flag
Well dude, it's tough when you can't see the other rosters, but I'd say it's decent... you could upgrade a C, OF, SS. I would try to deal any of Hamilton, Willingham, Haren, Young, Santana, Morrow, JJohnson to improve.
Expert Fantasy Advice
Our experts dished out a lot of Fantasy Football advice at National Draft Day 2015. Check it out here. … More »
Jeff Samardzija? Yeah, we can go after him for DFS purposes. … More »
Yahoo's Fantasy Football experts and special guests Jim Kelly, Randall Cunningham and Dwight Clark will be part of the ultimate Fantasy Football Draft Party. … More »
Time to price all the running backs, with two well-known veterans at the top. … More »