Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
My WRs are Alshon, Jordy, Andre Johnson, Terrance Williams so I think I'm solid there. I may take a flier on Amendola, Andrew Hawkins, Brandon LaFell but I feel Green has the top 10 TE upside
- Nandan Nandan Aug 27, 2014 1:20 AM Flag
OK but for now, I shouldn't rush to drop them for say Philly or any other defense playing a weak offense? Or like you say, just wait until the bye to determine what I do with them.
- Nandan Nandan Aug 27, 2014 12:59 AM Flag
I don't think I'm willing to have 2 defenses on my roster until late-season. I feel like my bench should be WRs and RBs, that's why I ask if Arizona is a must-start defense each week. But as you held them last yr, I guess you believe it's not worth it for me to add/drop defenses depending on matchup.
In a 10-team standard H2H league with 0.5 PPR, someone dropped Ladarius Green. Should I pick him up? I normally don't take 2 TEs and I do have Witten but there is upside with Green and we have a flex spot as well. It's either Green or I'm going to pick up a FA WR to take a flier on.
And I drafted the Arizona defense bu unsure if it's worth holding. In the case of Seattle, SF, Carolina defense, they're must starts against anyone but is Arizona at the point where they aren't just another matchup defense? Should I hold them or pick up a defense with a good week 1 matchup and keep rotating from there?
- Nandan Nandan Aug 26, 2014 3:07 PM Flag
What do you think of these trade offers? Get Bush + Edelman and give both Johnsons, get Forte + Gerhart and give JC + CJ, get G. Bernard + Foster + Garcon and give JC + Woodhead + Terrance Williams
- Nandan Nandan Aug 26, 2014 3:05 PM Flag
That's what I'm hoping for but RBs are risky. Do you recommend playing matchups with DEF each week or should I hold Arizona? What do you think of these trade offers? Get Bush + Edelman, give both Johnsons, get Forte + Gerhart, give up JC + CJ, get G. Bernard + Foster + Garcon, give up JC + Woodhead + T. Williams.
- Nandan Nandan Aug 26, 2014 3:00 PM Flag
What do you think of making these trade offers? I get Bush + Edelman, give up both Johnsons, I get Forte + Gerhart, give up Charles + CJ, I get Gio Bernard + Foster + Garcon, give up Charles + Woodhead + T. Williams.
- Nandan Nandan Aug 26, 2014 2:54 PM Flag
Ladarius Green is an FA, should I grab him? And should I make these trade offers? I get Bush + Edelman and give up both Johnsons, I get Forte + Gerhart and give up Charles + C. Johnson, I get Gio Bernard + Foster + Garcon and give up Charles + Woodhead + T. Williams.
- Nandan Nandan Aug 26, 2014 2:32 AM Flag
So you think I should play the matchup game with defense then? What do you think of these trade offers I may make? I get Bush + Edelman and give up both Johnsons, I get Forte + Gerhart and give up Charles + C. Johnson, I get Gio Bernard + Foster + Garcon and give up Charles + Terrance Williams + Woodhead.
- Nandan Nandan Aug 26, 2014 12:03 AM Flag
Well I think there's an argument to made for holding Seattle, SF, KC, Carolina, etc but I'm unsure if I should be holding Arizona like that. I may drop them for the Philly D. Someone in my league drafted Hurns, can you think of anyone else? I may pick up Hartline and drop Shorts just for sake of having to many week 11 byes lol.
- Nandan Nandan Aug 25, 2014 10:49 PM Flag
I agree there and yes I did have the #1 pick. Do you know of any WRs that might be on my FA that are worth taking a flier on to drop Shorts? And I took the Arizona defense...are they worth holding in your opinion? Or should I play the matchup game and drop them for Philly who plays Jacksonville
I'm in a 10-team standard H2H league with 0.5 PPR and am worried about the team I drafted. I drafted a lot of guys with week 9 or week 11 byes and feel weak at RB. I thought going into the draft Sankey was the starter in Tennessee so I took him over Joique for volume (*facepalm*). Here's the team:
QB - Stafford, WR - Jordy, Alshon, RB - Charles, Sankey, TE - Witten, W/R - Andre Johnson, W/R/T - Chris Johnson, BN - Terrance Williams, Woodhead, Josh Gordon, Ingram, Cecil Shorts, Dunbar
I'm willing to drop Shorts if there's a sleeper WR that may be on the FA without a week 9 or 11 bye. I was hoping to take Knile Davis after taking Dunbar but someone took him with the last pick. What do you think of this team? Can I win with it?...Truth be told I may barely make the playoffs. Any ideas for improvements?
- Nandan Nandan Aug 25, 2014 6:45 PM Flag
3) Is he truly a beast though? He's had chances in Jacksonville and hasn't flattered anyone. Any other sleepers I should know about?
- Nandan Nandan Aug 25, 2014 6:43 PM Flag
Thanks for your answer, I'll respond with the answers I may slightly disagree with.
2) That's a good point, and perhaps I'm overpreparing. It's just I don't want to take an elite QB and regret not having a 2nd WR1 or vice-versa. It's hard to compare QB value to WR value but I feel like the top 3 are elite whereas the WRs I listed in 1) aren't elite for sure.
3) Truth be told I'm not big on Jennings either but he'll get the volume. Do you not think that's enough to put him over Bush? Same with Sankey over Bell?
4) Thanks for this answer but as you mentioned that I should take the best player available, but do you think with 0.5 PPR that Bell carries more value as a flex over Andre Johnson or Garcon? I only asked this as I feel Bell would be a solid handcuff to Bush in case he gets hurt.
5) That's what scares me with Gronk as well however he's been going in the 3rd and 4th round in some drafts so I wonder if I should take the gamble on him.
10) Thanks for this answer, I'm considering taking him around then and I know someone answered earlier saying he's wary of taking him at all but I just feel there's too much value and I have to take him when I have enough of a bench. I'm sure he's drafted right after if I don't get him around then.
- Nandan Nandan Aug 25, 2014 5:21 PM Flag
I'm actually inclined to say I'd rather have Group A. Julio could be an elite WR and while I'm not big on Stacy, he seems to be a RB2. Ball has the RB1 upside but I don't know if he'll get enough touches in that Broncos offense, and I don't think Cordarrelle is much more than a low-end WR1 at best (I think he's a WR2).
Here's the link to my question: http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/message-boards/;_ylt=AjqJeL34M7iSWHTYYm3vZ8_BbJ8u;_ylu=X3oDMTB2OHBjOG42BHBvcwMyMgRzZWMDTWVkaWFNc2dCb2FyZHNYSFJVbHQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTBhYWM1a2sxBGxhbmcDZW4tVVM-;_ylv=3?&bn=01d3d504-1c2c-3e70-8e46-2a6e97dacf0d&tid=1408951026373-a7adccb1-543c-46a8-ac0b-346dffd2c14c&tls=la%2Cd%2C1%2C3
I asked a lot of questions so you don't have to answer em all but I'd appreciate your opinion on whether it would be wise to draft Bush and Joique back to back in a league with 0.5pt PPR. Thanks!
- Nandan Nandan Aug 25, 2014 2:58 PM Flag
First off, thanks a lot for your opinion. I didn't expect anyone to answer all questions but I appreciate you having an opinion on almost all of them. I agree with some of your answers, I'll discuss the answers you have I'm unsure of.
2) I'm leaning Charles just because of the 0.5 pts per reception. I actually was leaning going Charles-WR-WR regardless of there being an elite QB available but I'm starting to feel like the gain in pts from an elite QB to a mid-low QB1 is greater than the gain from taking a low-end WR1 to a mid WR2.
6) I agree that I see Wright having more value than Williams but I'm unsure of Edelman. You bring up a good point with a lot of the weapons the pats have but we know of Gronk and Amendola's injury history, that could lead to Edelman being the pats #1 WR couldn't it?
7) I agree with Chris Johnson potentially being a good flex play but I'm iffy on whether he'll be better than Tate as he's always been touted as being a solid RB while in Houston. I have TRich over Miller because I don't like either but TRich has the upside to be more than a flex like 2 years ago.
8) I don't doubt Brady will be solid but I just wonder if he'll outperform Ryan (who plays in the NFC South) or Luck who some people see breaking out. Also Cutler seems to have a lot of upside considering he has three weapons going in the first 2-3 rounds of drafts.
10) Do you not think Gordon is worth a flier even late? I mean even if I'm reaching with the 11th pick, surely I'd have to take him with my 13th(121st pick) don't you think? Not a heavy price to pay if he misses the year in my opinion.
Thanks again man!
- Nandan by Nandan Aug 25, 2014 3:17 AM Flag
Hey there, I'm in a 10-team league with 0.5 PPR. I have the 1st overall pick and I was hoping to get some opinions on questions I have. I don't expect anyone to answer every question but If possible, could someone answer as many questions as they can? I figure that my questions could at least help others reading the post as well for some good discussion. Here they are:
1) Rank these WRs: Julio, Jordy, Alshon (0.5 PPR as I mentioned earlier)
2) I'm planning to go Charles, Brees or Rodgers, then one of the above WRs. If the top QBs are gone by my 2nd round pick (20th overall), should I go Charles-WR-WR or go Charles-WR-RB (which would be probably Ellington, LeVeon, Foster)?
3) Rank these RBs: Jennings, Bush, Sankey, Joique
4) Is it wise to use back to back picks on Bush and Joique in the case I already have 2 WRs?
5) Is it a must for me to draft Julius or Gronk if they are still available in Round 5(41st pick)? And if I take Gronk, should I aim for another backup TE like Ertz, Pitta, Ladarius Green?
6) Rank these WRs: Terrance Williams, Edelman, Kendall Wright
7) Rank these RBs: Lamar Miller, TRich, Chris Johnson, Ridley, Tate
8) Rank these QBs: Ryan, Luck, Romo, Brady, Cutler
9) Rank these TEs: Olsen, Rudolph, Witten
10) When would you draft Josh Gordon? I'm leaning towards using my 9th pick (81st overall) but if that's too early, maybe wait until my 11th pick (101st overall).
Bonus: Late-round flier sleeper picks?
Expert Fantasy Advice
Gordon's year-long absence greatly complicates the values of many Cleveland commodities. … More »
The champs are a terrifying team with an all-time defense, a ridiculous home-field advantage, and an annoyingly gifted young QB. Let's preview... … More »