Commissioner Corner Message Board
- Honest Scott Honest Scott Oct 2, 2013 11:59 PM Flag
Technically not cheating, but you are only getting two categories and punting two. No real advantage there, and no guarantee someone won't post better.
The scorn and hateful looks you will get from other managers however, will be well-deserved.
The idea of a Fantasy League is to win based on the performance of your team, not to win because you think you found a loophole to give you an edge up on the other League members.
By the way, there is no guarantee your offense will be so scintillating. Throw in an injury or two, not unheard of, and there goes your chance at a championship.
Or think of it this way... With the goalies you have, your strategy will net you 34 points. Do you think you can do better if they play?
Technically not cheating, but if someone tried to pull that in my League or any in which I play, they would either adapt or be replaced.
Ultimately your choice, but do you really want to be known as THAT GUY for the rest of your Fantasy Life?
And by the way, expect to finish 5th-7th.
Just my honest opinion...
- Reply to Brucie Bruce Oct 2, 2013 9:02 PMHonest Scott Honest Scott Oct 2, 2013 11:35 PM Flag
They have Brucie Bruce. Check Edit Team Settings. There should be an option. Hope that helps.
- Honest Scott by Honest Scott Oct 2, 2013 7:24 PM Flag
Have a manager that has to withdraw.
30 man rosters
$400 Auction Budget
No Free Agents - Daily Waivers
$250 annual Waiver Budget
Draft was missed, so goaltending an issue, but offer for a SG already made.
Rules ensure there will be ample talent available each year for the draft, including goalies.
If interested, email me at email@example.com
Here is the current roster...
I'd Nail Her
1. (9) Tomas Vokoun (Pit - G) $4
2. (13) Phil Kessel (Tor - RW) $53
3. (22) Nicklas Backstrom (Was - C) $51
4. (85) P.A. Parenteau (Col - RW) $22
5. (91) Jason Pominville (Min - RW) $20
6. (96) Derek Stepan (NYR - C) $20
7. (101) Mark Streit (Phi - D) $18
8. (116) Niklas Kronwall (Det - D) $17
9. (119) Jack Johnson (Cls - D) $12
10. (121) Ben Bishop (TB - G) $13
11. (125) Alexander Edler (Van - D) $18
12. (131) Brian Campbell (Fla - D) $16
13. (138) Tobias Enstrom (Wpg - D) $16
14. (143) Michael Cammalleri (Cgy - C,LW) $12
15. (146) Tomas Plekanec (Mon - C) $19
16. (152) Dan Boyle (SJ - D) $13
17. (157) James Wisniewski (Cls - D) $12
18. (162) Kevin Shattenkirk (StL - D) $14
19. (164) Teddy Purcell (TB - RW) $14
20. (167) Chris Stewart (StL - RW) $10
21. (169) Kyle Turris (Ott - C) $16
22. (305) Michael Frolik (Wpg - C,RW) $2
23. (326) Emerson Etem (Anh - LW,RW) $1
24. (347) Craig Smith (Nsh - C,RW) $1
25. (355) Brenden Morrow (StL - LW) $1
26. (363) R.J. Umberger (Cls - LW) $1
27. (370) Cody Eakin (Dal - C) $1
28. (377) Frans Nielsen (NYI - C) $1
29. (384) Drew Shore (Fla - C) $1
30. (391) Jose Theodore (Fla - G) $1
- Honest Scott Honest Scott Oct 2, 2013 6:52 PM Flag
Because the season started on the Tuesday, and Yahoo uses a Monday through Sunday week, the powers-that-be determined they will have an extended first week of 13 days rather than a short week of 6 days.
You'll often see the same thing happen at the All Sar Break, Olympics, and/or the end of the season.
- Honest Scott Honest Scott Oct 2, 2013 6:45 PM Flag
Click on Commish Tools on the Upper Toolbar on the League page. In the second section, Team Management, there is the Edit Roster option. Choose the team to edit and do the dirty deed. Have to do that in my League until a repayment is found.
As a heads up, send an email to the League explaining why the Commish is getting involved, just to reassure any overly-paranoid managers. Email League is an option under the League Tab. Click send to all to bake sure everyone, includingtheanager involved.
Hope that helps.
- Honest Scott Honest Scott Sep 15, 2013 11:07 PM Flag
Typically it doesn't, just as it typically doesn't include kickoff , punt return or turnover touchdowns for tat exact reason... They are not offensive points scored.
If the scoring suggests otherwise, it should be updated before the scores are finalized. I'd say would, but Yahoo's credibility is in the toilet in my eyes right now after how they handled the Jets-Pats point spread fiasco.
So good luck with that...
- Honest Scott Honest Scott Sep 15, 2013 10:59 PM Flag
Lock him out. Reverse any trades processed. Cancel any pending trades. Find a replacement immediately. If one not found before Thursday, advise the League the team will play with the best projected roster each week until a replacement manager is found.
You are the Commish. It is your League. Don't put up with the BS.
Just my honest opinion...
Manager of multiple teams, including Forsett Indy Bush, Vagiant Monologues, Porcine Epidermises and 101 Way to Wok a Dog, amongst others.
- Reply to Robert Sep 14, 2013 3:57 AMHonest Scott Honest Scott Sep 15, 2013 10:47 PM Flag
Ask the Commish to change the scoring to Week 1. The draft probably didn't finish before the cutoff time.