General Message Board
- Greenraven Greenraven Mar 12, 2014 1:31 AM Flag
Okay this will be long cause Yahoo's whacky fill-in N/A software is a mess. But I do know what I'm talking about. I'm up and running in two leagues using them so have gone through the learning curve already.
Short answer, the N/A slots use the same software the DL slots use. It's a bad way to do things but what can you do. Anyway, the long details of what that means are:
1. You have to add the N/A player via your active roster. You can NOT add them directly into an N/A slot. Period.
2. So if you are post-draft with a full roster you will have to drop someone from your regular roster first t o make room for the N/A prospect. If you are drafting they enter the active roster and as soon as the draft ends you can move them t the N/A slot.
3. When the N/A prospect is on your active roster, click on him. Then and only then a ghost image N/A slot will appear on the screen. Click on that and your N/A player is moved to your N/A slot. Rinse and repeat as much as yo want to fill any or all N/A slots.
4. Now you can go get another player for your active roster to take the place of the one yo uwere forced to drop to maneuver the N/A slot scenario. Bad software as I ay.
5. When an N/A prospect gets called up to the majors he will loss the "Not Active" by his name just like an DL player loses his status. In both cases the player may remain in the N/A or DL slots UNTIL you want to make your first roster move like streaming a pitcher. Just like a healthy again DL player, Yahoo won't allow it until you deal with your now active player in the DL or N?A slot. Neither move them to the active roster after dropping one of your regulars or, if you changed your mind on the prospect, drop him. (You can "drop" directly from the N/A slot).
- Reply to KXL Mar 10, 2014 1:26 PMGreenraven Greenraven Mar 10, 2014 3:11 PM Flag
I was kind of interested until I saw your fatal flaw. Then IP is a cat (why would it ever be) AND no limit to moves (Max Acquistions per Week) per week?!?
This just ends up as a one giant streamfest which turns it into a one trick gimmick league. Just saying in case you don't realize the totally skewed implications of those setting totally.
Also OBPA? Pretty arcane given the other mainstream stats. But IP is the worst of course. You got a high Min Innings Pitched at 30 already which prevents the RP Gambit so the only thing IP does is turn the league into a gimmick like I mentioned above. Why not a pitching stat more logical like QS?.
Sorry didn't mean to butt in like this but you look like you have good possibilities going and I was almost interested until I saw the whole league will collapse with the IP/No Max settings.
- Reply to Rick Mar 6, 2014 4:26 AMGreenraven Greenraven Mar 8, 2014 10:13 PM Flag
I suggest you give a full explanation. No one wants to commit to a 20 team league without full disclosure.
So what are the format as in keep up to all players forever or are there contracts? Free or money league. Roto, H2H, points? List all stat categories. N/A or no? If so how many N/A slots for prospects. Roster size. 2 Util slots? Trades approved by league or by the commish only?
Then list the two team's rosters and what is their position draft pick wise in the mini re-draft. When are keepers due in? When is the mini re-draft? Worst to first snake?
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 9:18 AM Flag
PS: If you get a direct email address to use to her that avoids her spam filter I'm on board for that. Cause yeah the software people will never ever listen to us.
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 9:16 AM Flag
I'll never use Twitter but I'm there in spirit. Please someone add me to their message. Tell them Greenraven says they are looking for a new platform for next season and taking their cyber footprint there.
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 9:14 AM Flag
Wonder if the match-ups will update Saturday's stats before Sunday's come flooding in. Their software will probably just implode at that point.
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 9:12 AM Flag
Exactly. The Match-Ups are the big screw up because I have to know where I stand in relationship to my opponent. Without that I am blind.
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 9:00 AM Flag
Good for you. None of mine have and I have to leave for the day. Too late to know whether I start or sit pitchers on the last day of playoff week one.
I really hate the arrogance of Yahoo. They didn't listen to us from day one about this new design. They just sat back and thought we were a bunch of old foogies or something not open to "change" and didn't consider maybe they flunked basic Graphic Software Design 101 instead.
Now this clusterf**k. Way to drive thousands of former cyber traffic from their site.
- Reply to AUricle Sep 8, 2013 8:46 AMGreenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 8:54 AM Flag
At least you got the old look back for a few hours. Most of us never saw it again.
- Reply to Steve Sep 7, 2013 9:05 PMGreenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 8:52 AM Flag
No player is posting stats right now. Yahoo screwed up worse than usual and decided to do it during playoff week cause all that matters with them was the stupid horrible design and tweaking it to even worse depths in their football section. Crashed the whole system in the process.
1. Yahoo basically ignored thousands and thousands of comments on hating the new look that was a major fail.
2. Yahoo then went on to give fantasy baseball owners the finger cause all they wanted to do was make their football area look even more horrible for opening day there cause that is more important then playoff weeks on the baseball section apparently.
I just wasted 6 months playing here since I now don't know what I have for stats going into the last game of this playoff week. Do I sit or play a streamed pitcher I picked up? How close am I in my stats?
I'm just glad I think it is bad mojo to play in money leagues. Imagine how the high stakes money league guys are doing right about now. Other than looking for a new platform for next season that is.
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 8:39 AM Flag
I want the old look so damn bad. I don;t get it. I'm stuck with the horrid new look and wan tto gouge my eyes out.
Except there is nothing to see since no stars updated from Saturday which has screwed up my playoffs completely. I have no idea who to play or sit today and will be without internet access in about a half hour until this evening.
Yahoo didn't listen to me. They just decided to sabatage me on top of ignoring me. Glad you are okay. Res tof us are screwed.
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 8:36 AM Flag
Or today's games at his point as the site still isn't working.
Nothing like downdating their site with the God awefull new look that sucks and now doesn't even work.
And way to screw the fantasy baseball players here during playoffs cause you want some 5th grade "cool" look to your football area. Major fail,
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 8:33 AM Flag
We all hated the "look" of the new format. Now we have other things to hate about it.
I have no idea who to play or sit the last day of playoff week now and have to leave for the day soon. Thanks for screwing up 6 months of playing fantasy baseball here. I'll be looking at other sites for my leagues next season.
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 8:29 AM Flag
What happened to Saturday's baseball stats? I'm missing a win from Dan Straily in my match-up section. I don't know what the rest of the stats should read but I do know I'm one win down during a playoff week and not sure if I should start or sit pitchers today -- Sunday -- and have to leave for the day in half an hour.
It's only playoff week. Who cares, right? What a royal screw-up!!!!!
- Greenraven Greenraven Aug 28, 2013 3:00 PM Flag
Don't be. Sometimes the button doesn't work. Sometimes I set things and re-check the next day and my changes are not there. The mechanics are pretty poor. If you add/delete a player your whole line-up defaults to something it wasn't set at when you made the change a lot.
So instead of fixing this the little design team is busy making"skin" changes that look horrible instead.
- Greenraven Greenraven Aug 28, 2013 2:57 PM Flag
I agree. I hate light lettering on dark backgrounds. Lousy graphic design. Would only impress a 10 year old.
ALL of the football section is this way. I mean ALL. Your line-up page, Players list, League stuff. Transactions, etc. Terrible!
They started there with football -- thus their timing for the start of the new season -- and are backtracking to destroy the other sports now as well. This is just the first few pages of the baseball section being changed. Everything in the baseball section will be changed soon.
- Greenraven Greenraven Aug 28, 2013 2:51 PM Flag
And it will get worse. Your line-up page and all that section will be changed into this hard to read junk too. ALL of the Yahoo fantasy football stuff is that way. They rolled that change out for football season and are now backtracking and adding it to all the other sports at Yahoo. Time to move to another platform.
Expert Fantasy Advice
Say yes to the Two Jakes - a little pop, a little speed. Heads up in Houston. … More »
For however long he directs Washington's offense, Kirk Cousins will be a QB of interest. … More »