General Message Board
- Greenraven Greenraven Oct 11, 2015 5:35 AM Flag
Default is head-to-head record against that team in the regular season. Second tiebreaker after that is regular season standings. I wish the standings was the first tiebreaker since i it makes all those months you played worth something other than just making it into the playoffs. But Yahoo disagrees I guess. :-)
- Greenraven Greenraven Oct 11, 2015 5:32 AM Flag
Yeah TEAM LOG is pretty cool. I like that it lists all the players I ever played in my line-up and not just the current players.
- Reply to STUART Oct 5, 2015 5:31 PMGreenraven Greenraven Oct 11, 2015 5:25 AM Flag
Most people want to play the whole season. But in Yahoo private leagues the commish has the option when to hold the playoffs. I'm in one 16 team dynasty that discussed this and we moved playoffs up one week ending it a week earlier than my other Yahoo leagues.
Neat thing about that is that the following week you still get the 6 moves per week since Yahoo still has their platform's basics open to you. So those of us streaming to the end can somewhat restore our dynasty teams that last week.or at least dump our streamers.
- Greenraven Greenraven Oct 11, 2015 5:19 AM Flag
Yahoo default is record against your opponent head to head over the season. Second tie breaker I think is your place in regular season standings. Posty is right in where to look.
- Greenraven Greenraven Oct 11, 2015 5:15 AM Flag
If he is in the starting line-up why didn't you start him? If he plays he gets the stats. The DL by his name means nothing regards collecting stats.
- Greenraven Greenraven Oct 11, 2015 5:13 AM Flag
Sorry you lost but no way can you parce out innings the last day to the exact innings limit. I tis no loophole. Common sense plus how it is done all season long has already told you that the software updates stats after the last game each day, not inning by inning. You'd need Pentagon grade servers to do that. Even then imagine two innings started the same minute with one inning to go and which inning would count. It would be madness.
That's why you try to save a couple of innings in roto and then trot out all the pitchers you can lay your hands on the last game if necessary. It's how roto on all platforms (yahoo and others) works, has always worked and will always work. You work with that set-up and you will be fine.
And I believe the rules even state thee has to be less than 1500 innings (1400? whatever it is) to garner stats starting that day. Nothing about stats shutting off that day in mid-stream if the innings go over.
This is how it has been since there were computers and internet platforms everyone knows this is how it works. You manage with the last day in mind always.
- Greenraven Greenraven Oct 11, 2015 4:59 AM Flag
Join leagues that only have those safe bank third party sites. And never play with strangers in a money league without one of those "holding" sites. Ever. Though I guess you learned that by now the hard way.
- Greenraven Greenraven Apr 13, 2015 1:09 AM Flag
Just thought of something and checked. Hanley Ramirez has 6 starts in the OF (LF) and still doesn't have that added yet.
How did Marcus Semien get his SS one the other day when none of these guys did? it's one thing if the software was entirely broken but when one guy got it then suddenly others don't ... weird!
- Greenraven Greenraven Apr 13, 2015 12:40 AM Flag
I agree. Also I think Yunel Escobar should now have 3B eligibility but i don't own him like Zimmerman so not sure.
Weird thing is it did work for Marcus Semien. SS was added after 5 games started there for him. So if it worked then why isn't it working now?
Steve H, thanks for opening a ticket. How did you do it? Maybe if we all did it Yahoo would get off their behinds and do something about it. It is now 6 games he has started 1B after today.
- Greenraven Greenraven Mar 12, 2014 1:31 AM Flag
Okay this will be long cause Yahoo's whacky fill-in N/A software is a mess. But I do know what I'm talking about. I'm up and running in two leagues using them so have gone through the learning curve already.
Short answer, the N/A slots use the same software the DL slots use. It's a bad way to do things but what can you do. Anyway, the long details of what that means are:
1. You have to add the N/A player via your active roster. You can NOT add them directly into an N/A slot. Period.
2. So if you are post-draft with a full roster you will have to drop someone from your regular roster first t o make room for the N/A prospect. If you are drafting they enter the active roster and as soon as the draft ends you can move them t the N/A slot.
3. When the N/A prospect is on your active roster, click on him. Then and only then a ghost image N/A slot will appear on the screen. Click on that and your N/A player is moved to your N/A slot. Rinse and repeat as much as yo want to fill any or all N/A slots.
4. Now you can go get another player for your active roster to take the place of the one yo uwere forced to drop to maneuver the N/A slot scenario. Bad software as I ay.
5. When an N/A prospect gets called up to the majors he will loss the "Not Active" by his name just like an DL player loses his status. In both cases the player may remain in the N/A or DL slots UNTIL you want to make your first roster move like streaming a pitcher. Just like a healthy again DL player, Yahoo won't allow it until you deal with your now active player in the DL or N?A slot. Neither move them to the active roster after dropping one of your regulars or, if you changed your mind on the prospect, drop him. (You can "drop" directly from the N/A slot).
- Reply to KXL Mar 10, 2014 1:26 PMGreenraven Greenraven Mar 10, 2014 3:11 PM Flag
I was kind of interested until I saw your fatal flaw. Then IP is a cat (why would it ever be) AND no limit to moves (Max Acquistions per Week) per week?!?
This just ends up as a one giant streamfest which turns it into a one trick gimmick league. Just saying in case you don't realize the totally skewed implications of those setting totally.
Also OBPA? Pretty arcane given the other mainstream stats. But IP is the worst of course. You got a high Min Innings Pitched at 30 already which prevents the RP Gambit so the only thing IP does is turn the league into a gimmick like I mentioned above. Why not a pitching stat more logical like QS?.
Sorry didn't mean to butt in like this but you look like you have good possibilities going and I was almost interested until I saw the whole league will collapse with the IP/No Max settings.
- Reply to Rick Mar 6, 2014 4:26 AMGreenraven Greenraven Mar 8, 2014 10:13 PM Flag
I suggest you give a full explanation. No one wants to commit to a 20 team league without full disclosure.
So what are the format as in keep up to all players forever or are there contracts? Free or money league. Roto, H2H, points? List all stat categories. N/A or no? If so how many N/A slots for prospects. Roster size. 2 Util slots? Trades approved by league or by the commish only?
Then list the two team's rosters and what is their position draft pick wise in the mini re-draft. When are keepers due in? When is the mini re-draft? Worst to first snake?
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 9:18 AM Flag
PS: If you get a direct email address to use to her that avoids her spam filter I'm on board for that. Cause yeah the software people will never ever listen to us.
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 9:16 AM Flag
I'll never use Twitter but I'm there in spirit. Please someone add me to their message. Tell them Greenraven says they are looking for a new platform for next season and taking their cyber footprint there.
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 9:14 AM Flag
Wonder if the match-ups will update Saturday's stats before Sunday's come flooding in. Their software will probably just implode at that point.
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 9:12 AM Flag
Exactly. The Match-Ups are the big screw up because I have to know where I stand in relationship to my opponent. Without that I am blind.
- Greenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 9:00 AM Flag
Good for you. None of mine have and I have to leave for the day. Too late to know whether I start or sit pitchers on the last day of playoff week one.
I really hate the arrogance of Yahoo. They didn't listen to us from day one about this new design. They just sat back and thought we were a bunch of old foogies or something not open to "change" and didn't consider maybe they flunked basic Graphic Software Design 101 instead.
Now this clusterf**k. Way to drive thousands of former cyber traffic from their site.
- Reply to AUricle Sep 8, 2013 8:46 AMGreenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 8:54 AM Flag
At least you got the old look back for a few hours. Most of us never saw it again.
- Reply to Steve Sep 7, 2013 9:05 PMGreenraven Greenraven Sep 8, 2013 8:52 AM Flag
No player is posting stats right now. Yahoo screwed up worse than usual and decided to do it during playoff week cause all that matters with them was the stupid horrible design and tweaking it to even worse depths in their football section. Crashed the whole system in the process.
1. Yahoo basically ignored thousands and thousands of comments on hating the new look that was a major fail.
2. Yahoo then went on to give fantasy baseball owners the finger cause all they wanted to do was make their football area look even more horrible for opening day there cause that is more important then playoff weeks on the baseball section apparently.
I just wasted 6 months playing here since I now don't know what I have for stats going into the last game of this playoff week. Do I sit or play a streamed pitcher I picked up? How close am I in my stats?
I'm just glad I think it is bad mojo to play in money leagues. Imagine how the high stakes money league guys are doing right about now. Other than looking for a new platform for next season that is.
Expert Fantasy Advice
Spencer Ware and Tevin Coleman could be key fantasy factors in Week 12. … More »
There is plenty of value at running back this week in Yahoo Daily Fantasy Football. … More »
We run through the Week 12 slate from a fantasy perspective. … More »