Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
- Greenraven Greenraven Mar 12, 2014 1:31 AM Flag
Okay this will be long cause Yahoo's whacky fill-in N/A software is a mess. But I do know what I'm talking about. I'm up and running in two leagues using them so have gone through the learning curve already.
Short answer, the N/A slots use the same software the DL slots use. It's a bad way to do things but what can you do. Anyway, the long details of what that means are:
1. You have to add the N/A player via your active roster. You can NOT add them directly into an N/A slot. Period.
2. So if you are post-draft with a full roster you will have to drop someone from your regular roster first t o make room for the N/A prospect. If you are drafting they enter the active roster and as soon as the draft ends you can move them t the N/A slot.
3. When the N/A prospect is on your active roster, click on him. Then and only then a ghost image N/A slot will appear on the screen. Click on that and your N/A player is moved to your N/A slot. Rinse and repeat as much as yo want to fill any or all N/A slots.
4. Now you can go get another player for your active roster to take the place of the one yo uwere forced to drop to maneuver the N/A slot scenario. Bad software as I ay.
5. When an N/A prospect gets called up to the majors he will loss the "Not Active" by his name just like an DL player loses his status. In both cases the player may remain in the N/A or DL slots UNTIL you want to make your first roster move like streaming a pitcher. Just like a healthy again DL player, Yahoo won't allow it until you deal with your now active player in the DL or N?A slot. Neither move them to the active roster after dropping one of your regulars or, if you changed your mind on the prospect, drop him. (You can "drop" directly from the N/A slot).
- Reply to Rick Mar 6, 2014 4:26 AMGreenraven Greenraven Mar 8, 2014 10:13 PM Flag
I suggest you give a full explanation. No one wants to commit to a 20 team league without full disclosure.
So what are the format as in keep up to all players forever or are there contracts? Free or money league. Roto, H2H, points? List all stat categories. N/A or no? If so how many N/A slots for prospects. Roster size. 2 Util slots? Trades approved by league or by the commish only?
Then list the two team's rosters and what is their position draft pick wise in the mini re-draft. When are keepers due in? When is the mini re-draft? Worst to first snake?
- Reply to KXL Mar 10, 2014 1:26 PMGreenraven Greenraven Mar 10, 2014 3:11 PM Flag
I was kind of interested until I saw your fatal flaw. Then IP is a cat (why would it ever be) AND no limit to moves (Max Acquistions per Week) per week?!?
This just ends up as a one giant streamfest which turns it into a one trick gimmick league. Just saying in case you don't realize the totally skewed implications of those setting totally.
Also OBPA? Pretty arcane given the other mainstream stats. But IP is the worst of course. You got a high Min Innings Pitched at 30 already which prevents the RP Gambit so the only thing IP does is turn the league into a gimmick like I mentioned above. Why not a pitching stat more logical like QS?.
Sorry didn't mean to butt in like this but you look like you have good possibilities going and I was almost interested until I saw the whole league will collapse with the IP/No Max settings.