Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Jun 17, 2016 7:32 PM Flag
Stolen bases is not taking an extra base. Clearly you did not read the article about Jose Altuve's poor base running and you do not understand the topic at hand (as usual).
You may continue to follow me around merely to comment on my commentary. You are truly a vapid individual.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Jun 17, 2016 7:31 PM Flag
76% success rate is okay for stealing bases...not taking an extra base. When taking an extra base you really should be 95%+.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Jun 17, 2016 5:28 PM Flag
Myers hits HR AND steals bases.
Posey is still a catcher and produces typical catcher stats. Catcher is the fantasy baseball wasteland.
Don't be fooled by names.
Own numbers (Myers), not names (Posey).
Alex Bregman or Trea Turner
Year ago there was debate between the value of Jason Kipnis and Brett Lawrie. I sided with Kipnis. Guess who has had more real life and fantasy baseball value?
Similarly, there was a recent debate between the value of Mookie Betts and Rusney Castillo. I sided with Betts. Guess who has had more real life and fantasy baseball value?
Who do you believe will have more fantasy value? Bregman or Turner?
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Jun 17, 2016 4:41 PM Flag
The two are comparable.
Carpenter is very good at what he does. However, Nunez is the better fantasy baseball asset and bench bat.
One provided above average performance in 4 categories. The other provides above average fantasy performance in 5 categories.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Jun 17, 2016 4:37 PM Flag
Um...no...Rizzo would start over Goldschmidt and Votto for the same reason that Mike Schmidt won more MVP awards than George Brett...
...not because he was better...but because he played in a larger market (and got the votes that come from such a market).
Only a fool believes that Schmidt is a better baseball player than Brett.
Only a fool believes that Rizzo is a better baseball player than Goldschmidt or Votto.
Seriously...Rizzo is a career .260 hitter (and Schmidt is a career .267 hitter).
Put Rizzo in Kansas City and nobody would know his name.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Jun 17, 2016 4:31 PM Flag
Psssssssssssssssst...there are folks in here that still own Mike Stanton.
These same folks think Cano is a better 2B than Kinsler.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Jun 16, 2016 9:04 PM Flag
I did answer your question...in my original post...and in a lot more detail than should have been provided.
Your failure to understand my answer does not mean that I did not answer your question.
Go back and read my original post in this thread again (or for the first time).
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Jun 16, 2016 8:58 PM Flag
1) You need a 3rd closer immediately
2) You should move Arenado immediately for two guys that contribute in 5 categories.
3) You should move Bautista immediately for two guys that contribute in 5 categories. (or maybe a 2 for 3 deal moving both Bautista and Arenado; look at the Betts owner and his best 3B...or the Daniel Murphy owner and his best OF)
4) You should probably sell on Duvall and his power and cash in on underrated 5 category multi-position players (i.e. Zobrist + 1).
5) You should sell high on Trumbo too.
6) Stroman should also receive his walking papers.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Jun 16, 2016 8:49 PM Flag
How desperate are you for a 2B? Are you willing to trade for the #$%$ that is Dozier, Panik or Segura...or just wait for Dozier to get a day off and Nunez slides to 2B?
How about adding Giavotella, Merrifield, Schoop, Travis, or Phillips for free from the FA pool?
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Jun 16, 2016 8:47 PM Flag
I build teams...I don't own names.
Carpenter does not steal bases and I have better options at 2B and 3B.
Nunez provides a better power/speed option off the bench (where Carpenter was on my team) and is above average in all 5 standard scoring categories. That is what I need when I insert a bench player at 2B, 3B, or SS....someone that tallies in all areas at above average rates.
Doubles aren't a scoring category in my league. With Nunez perched at the top of the MIN lineup now he should keep pace with Carpenter in runs. Both run and RBI contributions are negligible in my overall consideration as I league my league in both.
Expert Fantasy Advice
Brandon Funston and Scott Pianowski talk MLB news and happenings, starting in St. Louis. … More »
Hanley Ramirez's bat has come alive this week and he's cheaply priced for Sunday DFS. … More »
Talking Edwin Encarnacion, a look around the league and other random nonsense. … More »
A look at recent fantasy risers and fallers regarding trades and the draft. … More »