Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 11:37 PM Flag
1) You don't need Longoria...he has zero value.
2) That trade most likely won't land you Desmond (unless some fool offered him to you).
3) Semien is better than Desmond.
4) Desmond can no longer catch up to the high fastball.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 11:36 PM Flag
No way in hell.
Marte steals bases. Puig does not.
The pitching is a wash.
You can add a catcher from the FA pool (that will contribute about as much value as any other catcher).
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 11:35 PM Flag
I am still waiting for you to make a substantive contribution to these forums. This would most likely start by providing some objective empirical numerical data.
Nobody cares about your ONE out of EIGHT teams you manage.
You're on the clock, Skippy.
- Reply to Dick Strong Apr 2, 2015 7:10 PMDick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 11:26 PM Flag
If "ifs" were fifths...we'd all be drunk.
"I take it black...like my men."
- Girl on plan (from the movie Airplane)
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 6:54 PM Flag
I traded Trout.
My first trade of the season.
I got two top 75 bats.
I don't care about 1st rounders. I don't trade draft picks. I don't own draft picks. I don't own names.
I own stats.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 6:53 PM Flag
Over 1267 Major League games his career average is .256.
What were you expecting?
This is a player that has had just 5 useful seasons in 12 MLB seasons and each of those 5 came in his age 29 season or later. He is a 20th round draft pick from 2000. He has exceeded his value in every way...expecting more from him is just beating a dead horse.
- Reply to Donald Apr 30, 2015 6:00 PMDick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 6:49 PM Flag
Rollins is a FA? In a 12 team league? Is Harry in your league? Harry dropped him, right?
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 6:35 PM Flag
I appreciate the nicely played reactive devaluation laid on a bed of sarcasm.
Your illusory superiority is hidden by your Freudian slip.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 5:51 PM Flag
The rest of my team is fine...many, many bats...just wanted more guys that can steal bases. I would rather have the potential for Rollins' power and stolen bases than Carpenter who has limited power and little or no stolen bases.
I love Santana's position flexibility but he and McCann are truly a wash otherwise.
If Rollins stays parked near the top of the Dodgers' lineup he will score nearly as many runs as Carpenter. If Rollins bats 2nd for an extended period then he should compile numerous runs and RBIs.
I have Semien, Harrison, and Rendon so I am fine at 3B. Adding Rollins allows me to have a third shortstop as I have H. Ramirez and Semien.
Altogther, I think I added 20-30 SB, 5-10 HR, took a hit in BA, took a slight step back in R, added 10-20 RBI...and gained a third shortstop and more position eligibility all around.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 5:45 PM Flag
Nope...no such thing as a stacked rotation.
1) There is no player in MLB as "King Felix" (nicknames are stupid...grow up)
2) No pitcher on a losing team is a good value...nor stacked.
3) If you have such a lineup then you have lousy hitting because you took pitchers in your first 10 picks.
You may continue to be willfully ignorant at your own peril.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 4:28 PM Flag
There is ALWAYS a buy low opportunity on Cano.
He is what I would call a "compiler" of stats. He accumulates much of his worth, not from being good, but because he never misses a game.
This is where 162 game averages are more useful than yearly stats. 162 game averages take into account what a player does only while they are on the diamond. Using 162 game averages allows for more meaningful and more useful statistical analysis.
- Dick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 2:45 PM Flag
You have waited this long and you are going to drop him during his rehab assignment? Really?
All of this depends on how your team looks. If you have reasonable starters at 2B and 3B then you can wait all year (though I wouldn't recommend it).
- Reply to Eskimo Brother Apr 30, 2015 12:49 PMDick Strong Dick Strong Apr 30, 2015 1:20 PM Flag
1) Yes. You need a catcher.
2) Yes. That trade looks fine. A healthy Gonzalez is better than a healthy Yelich.
3) No. You don't need another pitcher. Starting pitching is fungible in H2H.
Important point to consider...Scherzer alone can net you two top 75 bats. I would rather try to leverage just Scherzer to get two top 50 bats (one infield; one outfield).
Expert Fantasy Advice
A look at DFS action for Saturday's slate. … More »
Another day, another 10-pack of DFS bargains. … More »
Every fantasy league has a backstory; this one is more substantial than most. … More »