Commissioner Corner Message Board
- Christine Christine Nov 2, 2014 6:18 PM Flag
Bizarre indeed. I posted a reply to your message and it also disappeared. Yahoo is known to block web addresses, certain punctuation and symbols, and email addresses. If you are attempting to post your email address, you will have to be creative, for example, Wes atyahoo or Wes atgmail, and leave it to the reader to decipher.
- Christine Christine Oct 27, 2014 12:59 AM Flag
The information below is from Yahoo Help article SLN6420, Giving co-manager access:
Once a co-manager has joined your team, the following sections will become available on the Edit Team Settings page:
The Your Co-manager section shows:
- A link to your co-manager's profile page
- A link to Remove Co-manager
Once you have added a co-manager to your team, they can perform any of the functions of the original manager, including setting rosters, accepting trades, adding/dropping players, etc., except for making selections during the live draft.
Note: Removing your co-manager will not undo any previous actions done by the co-manager.
The Lock Co-manager section has these locking options:
- Posting messages
- Adding & dropping players
- Proposing and accepting trades
- Editing lineups
- Sending emails to the league
- Christine Christine Oct 26, 2014 4:11 PM Flag
Public leagues (run by Yahoo; no commissioner) have only one IR position. Custom (private) leagues can have up to five IR positions as well as up to five IR+ positions, at the discretion of the commissioner.
If you played in a league last year that had three IR spots, it was a custom league.
- Christine Christine Oct 16, 2014 8:46 PM Flag
I just visited the fantasy football General message board, where a few posters mentioned a possible conflict with AdBlock Plus.
So, I installed and enabled AdBlock Plus on IE, then disabled it for the Yahoo fantasy hockey site, and the player popups work once again. Disabled AdBlock Plus on Firefox 33 (again, just the fantasy hockey site) but clicking on the notes icon still goes to the player's full news window.
- Christine Christine Oct 16, 2014 8:14 PM Flag
Could be browser related. The small popup window still works with Internet Exploder 11 (intentionally spelled that with a D); however, with Firefox versions 32 and 33, the full news window appears.
- Christine Christine Oct 6, 2014 3:22 PM Flag
charles: If yours is a private league (not Yahoo public or pro), the commish can increase the number of the two non-scoring roster positions. The total number of roster positions cannot exceed 30.
This is copied from the Edit Roster Positions page under Commish Tools: Once your draft has completed, the only changes you can make are to increase your number of IR, or Bench slots. Please think before raising any of these sizes, because if you do so, you cannot later reduce them.
- Christine Christine Sep 28, 2014 2:19 PM Flag
Copied from Yahoo Help topic SLN6109, Enabling or disabling Keeper League Management:
1. From your league's front page, click the Commish Tools tab.
2. Under "Keeper Management", click Edit Keeper Settings.
3. Click the check box labeled Yes, enable Keeper League Management tools.
- To disable Keeper Management, simply uncheck this box.
- Disabling this setting will require your league to restart the keeper declaration process if you later re-enable.
4. Click the Submit button.
- Christine Christine Sep 26, 2014 4:30 PM Flag
Just an FYI: Java is not a requirement. (I uninstalled it from my computer months ago and have incurred no problems with Yahoo fantasy sport transactions.)
- Reply to Steve E Sep 20, 2014 11:51 PMChristine Christine Sep 21, 2014 10:28 AM Flag
The league can be re-created by a manager other than the commissioner, but it will take more effort on your part. See Yahoo Help article for SLN7088, Renewing league in Fantasy Hockey, for details (some information is copied immediately below).
If you no longer have access to the account that was associated with the Commissioner last season and/or you are not the Commissioner from the previous season, you can still re-create the league.
To re-create your league
1. Log into Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey.
2. Create a new league, using Express Registration to copy your league settings from last year. Make sure you add in a custom URL.
3. Load your new league | Click Commish Tools.
4. Click Edit League History.
5. All leagues in which members participated the previous season will appear. Select the league you want associated with your new league | Click Save and Continue.
6. Repeat Step 5 for as many years as you'd like associated with your new league.
7. Click Done.
- If you are re-creating a keeper league, it will not be possible to use the Choose Keepers or Confirm Keepers tools. Commissioners will be able to assign keepers manually by using the Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players tool among their Commish Tools.
- You can add the league history to the re-created league.
- Reply to Jon Sep 19, 2014 12:15 AMChristine Christine Sep 19, 2014 9:52 PM Flag
Have you examined the league settings?
Draft Time: Sat Sep 13 10:00pm EDT
Start Scoring on: Week 3
- Christine Christine Sep 6, 2014 5:33 PM Flag
Rainouts, canceled games and suspended games in Fantasy Baseball (Yahoo Help article SLN6799):
If a game is suspended, the stats for those players will count on the date the game was suspended.
Once play resumes, additional stats earned for the players affected will be applied retroactively to the original date play was suspended.
- Head-to-Head leagues will not have any stats applied retroactively if play is resumed after the Head-to-Head matchup is final.
When suspended game stats are updated, we process them as a Stat Correction, so they can be applied retroactively to the date of the original of the game.
- Christine Christine Sep 6, 2014 4:16 PM Flag
Playoff tiebreaker rules for Fantasy Sports (Yahoo Help article SLN6539):
If a Fantasy Basketball, Baseball, or Hockey playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock is broken (and a winner is declared) based on:
- Head-to-Head (best win-loss-tie percentage in regular season games between the teams)
- Overall playoff seed (highest seed wins)
In leagues using standard Head-to-Head scoring (all Public and Pro Leagues), winning percentage is based on each team's stat category wins and losses, not overall matchup wins and losses.
In Custom Leagues using a "One-Win" or "Points" system, the team with the best overall matchup win percentage against the opponent during the regular season (not stat category wins) wins the tiebreaker.
- Christine Christine Aug 30, 2014 7:04 AM Flag
You can update your background color from your Team Information page.
- Go to your team's main page
- Click the Edit Team Settings icon (it's shaped like a tiny gear and is located to the left of your avatar/icon)
- Select theme (Day or Night)
- Click Save
Your change will only affect one fantasy sports game (football, hockey, baseball, or basketball). Changes to other games need to be made individually.
- Christine Christine Aug 30, 2014 6:57 AM Flag
Depends if you are in a public league or a custom league. Check out Yahoo Help article 6442 for complete details.
Public leagues are scored using default settings. Points are awarded for kickoff and punt return touchdowns, but not return yards.
In custom leagues, return yards and touchdowns can be scored differently, based on your league's settings.
- Christine Christine Aug 30, 2014 6:49 AM Flag
From Yahoo Help article SLN6425:
Managers can add a player to an IR roster spot only if the player has IR status, and only if your league uses the IR as a roster position.
Timing: Players will be made eligible for the IR position in Fantasy Football as soon as possible after they are placed there in real life. Please note that this may not occur until the morning following the transaction, during our nightly system update, although we strive to change their status sooner than that.
- Players with NA (Not Active) or PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) status cannot be used in an IR spot.
- The IR roster spot itself is not visible on a manager's team, unless the league uses the IR roster position and until the manager moves a player with the IR status to their IR roster spot.
Activating a player from the IR
The NFL recently reached agreement with the Players Association to allow one player per season to be activated from the Injured Reserve list.
In order to activate a player from your Fantasy IR, your roster must have an opening for an active player. You will need to drop a player from your roster in order to make room to activate a player.
The exception to this would be if you have another player on your roster eligible for the IR. If that is the case, you may move the player currently on your Fantasy IR to an active roster position and replace him with another player eligible for the IR.
Note: Once on the IR, a player may stay there for the entire season, even if they return to real-life action. However, once a player comes off the real-life IR, you will not be able to complete any transactions that involve adding a player to your team until you remove them from your team's IR.
Expert Fantasy Advice
Examining Odell Beckham's big performance and a look around the league in Week 12. … More »
Let's hope you loaded up on Broncos and Dolphins, because that game was a fantasy buffet. … More »
Josh Gordon's return offers renewed hope for those clinging to playoff chances. … More »