Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
- Bradley Bradley Sep 24, 2014 1:33 PM Flag
Not wrong at all, it is "managing" your team and its needs. Same as carrying a bench bat or picking up a hot hitter of fa. Do it and win. It makes no sense to sit back and do nothing.
- Reply to sweet Sep 9, 2014 9:34 AMBradley Bradley Sep 9, 2014 10:49 AM Flag
I'd vote bell, he is going to be the better back in Detroit. Carolina is tough but I don't think as tough as last year.
- Bradley Bradley Sep 8, 2014 10:16 AM Flag
1st round bye, and hoping my terrible pitching the last few weeks is over! Losing melky won't be easy and hopefully I find a decent replacement for the playoffs. I do feel lucky that it appears Gomez will be back and healthy for my playoffs run. Losing 2 top 30 OF's the week of the playoffs would be unbearable.
- Bradley Bradley Sep 8, 2014 10:10 AM Flag
I too, had this position this year except I was playing the 7th place team and could essentially bench my players so that the number 6 would get knocked out. I chose to play in the spirit of competition and continued to play out the season. It actually worked out the same as if I didn't play my team, 7th place moved to 6th place by .5 games. I see it as up to the manager, but the commish on the other hand, get rid of him or leave the league.
- Reply to co Aug 18, 2014 10:10 AMBradley Bradley Aug 18, 2014 2:20 PM Flag
The only real problems I see with your rationale are:
1. Last year was Jeffery's soph campaign, with an injury in his freshman. So to say he has never done this before isn't a fair argument. The guy has great hands and terrific size/speed. I see his numbers being down a little as far as total yards but I would say maybe a couple more tds.
2. This was all done in a transition year with a new coach! Cutler has a more experienced line and more time working with his recievers.
I have the option of picking where I want to draft in a 16 team league.
We play 1qb, 1rb, 1wr, 1w/r, 1w/t, 1te, 1k, 1 def, 5 bn 1 ir spot
throwing tds 4 pts, rushing/receiving td 6pts
25 yrds/pt throwing, 10 yrds/pt run/rec
bonus at 300+, bonus at 100+
So the question is would you take the 1st pick or would you strategically pick at somewhere like 8? Thanks for your votes.
- Bradley Bradley Aug 15, 2014 11:26 AM Flag
I would lean towards A, Lester is good and Kennedy is decent, but Reyes is almost top tier SS(numbers anyway) and Segura isn't worth owning for me.
Who would you drop? 12 team H2H 5x5 redraft 1st place team
CJ Wilson coming off DL, I chose not to start him until I knew he was pitching better, but now I have to drop one of these three:
- Bradley Bradley Aug 8, 2014 10:07 AM Flag
Sully, you went into these trades more like Mike Wazowski, one eye. All three of these trades were bad for you. Seager for donaldson isn't that big of an upgrade and definitely not worth giving up ellsbury. BA suck for some runs and no steals. Gmen's remarks for Rizzo. Last one just don't like either. You now gave a gaping hole at 2b, and didn't improve drastically anywhere else. Good luck going forward but my guess is you are going to suffer and fall out of any playoff contention.
Your Team after the trades is this:
- Bradley Bradley Aug 1, 2014 3:30 PM Flag
I'd add pitching as well, if hosmer is the best bat available! I see no need to have more than three bn bats, actually I see no need to have more than one.
- Bradley Bradley Jul 28, 2014 1:40 PM Flag
I carry one bench bat all season, maybe none depending on what part of the playoffs, and use the rest on pitching. Usually stream one or two spots when necessary/possible.
- Bradley Bradley Jul 25, 2014 11:05 AM Flag
My vote is for Altuve going forward. He is currently the 11th rated player in the league. IF looking at past stats, sure he has never hit .300, but he did hit .290 and .283. He is still very young, playing on a team that is building around him and adding plenty of talent. Cano on the other hand is the talent that Seattle is hoping on. He is not enough to build on.
- Bradley Bradley Jul 24, 2014 1:44 PM Flag
yeah dump him, he might make it back but he won't make it back to full strength by the time you need him. I dumped him weeks ago before any injury and haven't missed anything. stream that roster spot
Expert Fantasy Advice
If there were any remaining Toby Gerhart loyalists ... well, sorry. Robinson is the Jaguars RB to own. … More »
Russell Wilson had a monstrous fantasy game during Seattle's losing effort and an examination of the rest of the Week 7 action … More »
Regime change can be a long, messy process. But it's been relatively quick and painless in the Rams backfield. … More »