General Message Board
- Reply to xGreatness Mar 26, 2016 1:20 PM
4) Bryant (until they move him to OF permanently)
Unless Arenado learns to steal 10+ bases (which Machado and Bryant should do for the next decade) the answer is anybody BUT Arenado.
1. Must be active. This is the most important requirement.
- set lineups consistently
- answer to trade proposals promptly
- participate in discussions/polls; at the very least polls
- also active in offseason
2. Must be fine with joining FB group page and chat
- FB will be our primary access of communication
- everything offseason will be discussed in the group page
3. It's going to be on ESPN, so if you're not okay with it, please don't join.
4. Must have at least 2 years of fantasy basketball experience
- plus points if you have been a commish, but not required
5. Truly devoted to the beauty of fantasy basketball
- an obsession is a plus
I won't give away the entirety of the keeper guidelines right now, but for starters, we keep 3 players, H2H 9 cats standard.
Comment below if you are interested and fit all the requirements. Promise, It'll be worth it.
- Reply to Allan Mar 25, 2016 3:18 PM
It's pretty clear that the administrators of this board either don't read the messages, they don't follow hockey or they simply don't care.
Haha oh #$%$ would you like to add triples to this discussion sir? Because as we all know those do involve having speed to get them.
2015 MLB Piscotty had 4 triples in 63 games for a per game average of .063
2015 MLB Grichuk had 7 triples in 103 games for a per game average of .067
At all levels Piscotty had 12 triples in 476 games for a per game average of .025
At all levels Grichuk had 50 triples in 707 games for a per game average of .070
Now lets do Minors only to weed out all your #$%$ stats like Arizona Fall League that you tried to include last time.
Minors only Piscotty had 5 triples in 390 games for a per game average of .012
Minors only Grichuk had 42 triples in 541 games for a per game average of .077
By the way to get back to steals..
2015 MLB Piscotty had 2 steals in 63 games for a per game average of .031
2015 MLB Grichuk had 4 steals in 103 games for a per game average of .038
Minors only to again weed out your bull stats?
Piscotty had 30 steals in 390 games for a per game average of .076
Grichuk had 43 steals in 541 games for a per game average of .079
Not counting Arizona Fall League stats because lol?
Majors and Minors combined Piscotty has 32 steals in 52 attempts for a stolen base percentage of .615
Majors and Minors combined Grichuk has 47 steals in 72 attempts for a stolen base percentage of .653
See you aren?t the only one that can manipulate the stats to your favor my friend :)
#$%$, You actually appear to not be the bright one.
1) I never said anything even hinting towards me advocating for Chris Davis' power numbers.. Anyone with eyes could see that.
2) For a man who goes on and on about players who have to be 5Cat Bats, you use a statistic that only looks at two categories? But sure lets ignore Run production, RBIs, Battering Average, OPS, Team support and only look at HRs + SBs.
3) Its funny that you would personally defend a list that includes Anthony Rizzo (you know, you favorite player from last year).
Well Power/Speed #s are cool and all, they do not directly to fantasy value, or else people would be selecting AJ Pollock first overall.
Diehard Cardinal fan here to hopefully settle this for you guys.
Strong is right that Piscotty is a greater threat to steal bases. He will almost certainly have more SB than Grichuk this season. He'll also have a better average and score more runs.
Strong is probably wrong by attributing this to more "footspeed". When you read articles in the local paper or listen to people in the organization talk on tv/radio, it''s pretty obvious Grichuk is the consensus faster runner who would win a foot race. But he has an injury history and has been told by the power-starved Cardinals that they'd rather him healthy to hit homeruns than risking injury trying to take second base.
So, in conclusion, Piscotty has the higher floor and will give you R/SB/AVG. Grichuk will give you HR/RBI and has the higher ceiling (think 30HR/100RBI), but also comes with more injury concerns. The reason Piscotty will give you more SB has more to do with his position in the batting order, durability, and base-running acumen than it does "footspeed".
Ok... let's reset this. When someone says to send them DETAILS... that does NOT mean to send me a bunch of blind invites. Nobody is going to just join your league without information about the settings and rosters... so PLEASE do NOT send blind invites without communicating. Nobody is joining a league without some legit correspondence.... it's a waste of time! Thanks!
12 team roto 5x5 (QS&SV+HLD over W&SV) I had 11th pick and was asked to join league after missing 1st rd.
BN-ho-park, Miller, deshields
BN-nicasio, severing, j.ross, erasmo, Travis wood
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)
sp-yu darvish (will be in the dl spot when i can place him on the dl)