Commissioner Corner Message Board
Hello, I've been a commish of Yahoo leagues over 5 years and a PC tech for over 10. I've noticed quite a few people having drafting problems and I'm here to make a few suggestions about what you can do to insure you do not have the same or similar issues.
1.First, in order for your draft to open, it must contain an even-# of teams, and Yahoo closes this window an hr before the draft, which means if you add or subtract any teams within the hr of your draft, it will error and not load! If you league is uneven an hr before-it will not load!
2.Make sure a firewall or security setting is not messing up the draft window from loading, the best way to do this-join a mock draft! If any errors show up while loading the mock, you can always set to autopick after a couple of rounds and address those issues. Common ones are due to upgrades or service pack installs. If a mock runs through smoothly, its a good bet the regular draft will work as well!
3. Those error 26 are due to a lower level of Flash Player not installed or configured properly. The best thing to do in this instance if your running Windows is uninstall your current Flash, reboot, go to the Adobe site, re-install the latest and proper Flash Player. Pay close attention if your running a 32 or 64 bit OS of Windows and install the proper version....do NOT count on the program auto-installing as your browser may be running in 32 or 64 bit mode (depending of course on your OS).
4.Eliminate as much as possible of current running programs on the right side of the taskbar....the draft takes a bit of memory to run. Right click on them and exit prior to opening the Yahoo window on your browser.
I hope this helps people, all I can say is I've run several mocks on several PC's with varrying Windows OS and have not had any probs! So I don't believe its a Yahoo issue!
Don't assume that everyone having problems is a newbie and doesn't know what they are doing. I've been doing fantasy hoops since 2002 and have never had this problem before. I have teams playing in this league from all over the world and this tech problem from YAHOO! put a crimp in our day of mindless fun. I just wish that Yahoo! could end the speculation and send out a message telling us what to do next. The league in question still says a live draft is happening a day later! So, while I do applaud your willingness to help, don't assume that Yahoo! can do no wrong. I can testify that they can and have! Yahoo!, WHAT IS UP?????
There were not enough teams to do this draft so it failed, but it will not allow me to erase this team. I want to make a new team and draft closer to the season start.
Please erase this team.
# TeamCanada2 - Yahoo Public 14773
OK folks, I was just done in a draft that started at 6:30 PM, no problems reported that I can see , nor any reported by those that were in the draft room! Here are my results!
Thank you for participating in our Live Mock Draft.
Mock draft results for Center Circle 2338130 are listed by round below.
Note: we do not store mock draft results. If you would like to refer to these picks again please save this email.
Ready to create or join a league?
Create or join a Fantasy Basketball league and manage your team with live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news and expert advice. Sign up Now
- The Yahoo! Sports Fantasy team
Your Team 1. Chris Paul (NO - PG)
2. Chris Bosh (Mia - PF,C)
3. Chauncey Billups (Den - PG)
4. Kevin Martin (Hou - SG)
5. Antawn Jamison (Cle - SF,PF)
6. Jamal Crawford (Atl - PG,SG)
7. Luis Scola (Hou - PF,C)
8. Corey Maggette (Mil - SF,PF)
9. Robin Lopez (Pho - PF,C)
10. Wesley Johnson (Min - SF)
11. Ben Gordon (Det - SG)
12. Travis Outlaw (NJ - SF,PF)
13. Josh Howard (Was - SG,SF)
Round by Round results
* your team in bold Round 1
(1) stevo - Kevin Durant (OKC - SF)
(2) T J Ritter - Chris Paul (NO - PG)
(3) tomas o - LeBron James (Mia - SF)
(4) warlord187@... - Dirk Nowitzki (Dal - PF)
(5) Jules - Stephen Curry (GS - PG)
(6) adam o - Carmelo Anthony (Den - SF)
(7) Will Krengel - Kobe Bryant (LAL - SG)
(8) chris - Dwight Howard (Orl - C)
(9) chunbongfung - Darren Collison (Ind - PG)
(10) Stefano - Dwyane Wade (Mia - PG,SG)
(11) Team 11 - Danny Granger (Ind - SF,PF)
(12) Team 12 - Deron Williams (Uta - PG)
(13) Team 13 - Pau Gasol (LAL - PF,C)
(14) Kestrell - David Lee (GS - PF,C)
(1) Kestrell - Steve Nash (Pho - PG)
(2) Team 13 - Amar'e Stoudemire (NY - PF,C)
(3) Team 12 - Gerald Wallace (Cha - SF,PF)
(4) Team 11 - Josh Smith (Atl - PF)
(5) Stefano - Brook Lopez (NJ - C)
(6) chunbongfung - Joakim Noah (Chi - PF,C)
(7) chris - Rajon Rondo (Bos - PG)
(8) Will Krengel - Derrick Rose (Chi - PG)
(9) adam o - Al Jefferson (Uta - PF,C)
(10) Jules - Andre Iguodala (Phi - SG,SF)
(11) warlord187@... - Jason Kidd (Dal - PG)
(12) tomas o - Joe Johnson (Atl - SG,SF)
(13) T J Ritter - Chris Bosh (Mia - PF,C)
(14) stevo - Brandon Roy (Por - SG,SF)
I had to delete the a few rounds due to exceeding the character limit.
...again, I have no explanation other than those I provided before why anyone else would be having issues...but this clinches the fact to me that its a non-Yahoo Issue!
was reading someones post on a different thread and he got a response from yahoo basically saying that they know whats going on and are trying to fix it. who knows if this is true or not but thanks for trying to help everyone, appreciate it
i am terrible at computers so i will try to explain what has happened to me. i got some kind of a java pop up which was to update it. i did so just now and restarted my computer. my teams that i tried to draft today and last night still come up with the same error 260 message though. is there any way i can delte these teams, it will not let me do that... or do you think that there was actually drafts that took place and only some of us could get in? i dont know, just very frustrated right now!
- 1 Reply to morseman
If your league hasn't drafted of course you can delete these teams.
If your teams did draft you can see if a majority of teams in your league had the same problem and get the commish to void the draft...not sure what happens in a Yahoo Public league.
A Java error is not a problem with Yahoo, so you would have to download again the java update if your PC uses several browsers (IE,Mozilla Firefox, safari, Google chrome, etc).Plug-ins like this are not universal meaning if you install 1, it doesn't cover all your browsers.
thanks for taking the time to explain, but i too think it's yahoo with the issue. i got into a mock draft with no problems. but i have 4 teams from last night and today that wont let me draft. (error 260, your league is not drafting.) they will not let us delete the leagues either. in all 4 of these leagues other managers are saying they are getting the same error message. do you think that yahoo will eventually delete these at least so we can get a new team??
I'll try to answer those who wrote before with this note!
First of all Gary, I need more info, what exactly is the problem you speak of?
Second,there are multiple reasons that a draft will work one day and not another , the Yahoo draft application for basketball is identical to the one used for all other sports...if you haven't had trouble before...its unlikely Yahoo is to blame now. Could be your own ISP, provider, weather,etc.
Third, Yahoo claims they have an optimized version of the Mozilla browser...are you using this? If not the Flash app that i spoke of earlier may be corrupted or not installed properly as it is tricky on the Mozilla browser and does have issues with IE.
I have another suggestion, and this is only if your running Win Vista/7, download the free IE 9 beta and try that, then again re-install the Flash app and try a mock draft. I stand by my statement earlier that if the mock draft works for you....there is no reason the app doesn't load in your league...UNLESS, there was a change made in the league within that hr before the sched draft...that WILL mess up the draft app EVERY time. All commissioners should be aware that their leagues must be closed an hr prior to their sched draft time.
Now, if none of these ideas apply or seem to work for you, or you need assistance, feel free to e-mail me and I'll try to help till 9PM eastern tonight!
Nice note BUT
this is a yahoo issue
not an end user problem
YAHOO is having problems the leagues are not going into draft mode.
But ha yahoo is free and usually snag free so wait til next week and have fun
- View More Messages
Expert Fantasy Advice
Trevor Rosenthal imploded again on Friday, and it's high time fantasy owners speculate on a replacement. … More »
A player on a 20/35 pace, like Mevin Upton Jr., should not be so easily attainable in fantasy leagues. … More »
Throwing Masahiro Tanaka and stacking Diamondbacks in Coors Field during Friday's DFS slate. … More »