Commissioner Corner Message Board
So trading draft picks confuses me a little. How do these work in keeper leagues?
Just for example:
If a team has 10 players and gets to keep 5. The trade draft picks option still allows him to trade any of his round 1 to 10 picks for the following season. Now how does this line up with keepers? The draft next year should only have 5 rounds to fill the 5 empty spots.
I have seen in other keeper leagues (that don't allow draft pick trades) that the 'keepers' are simply autodrafted in the first rounds of the draft and then the draft starts in say round 6. So does that mean trading one of your first 5 picks in the next draft is really trading one of your keeper slots?
Also, another question about keeper leagues. Can different teams keep a different number of players or do they all have to keep the same number?
- 1 Reply to Mark S
I commish a keeper league and I allow the trading of picks, in this manner:
- i set trade review to 'commissioner review' so that I can monitor how the picks are traded and whether they are traded properly
- It's a 12 team league with 23 player rosters
- 12 players are designated as keepers, meaning that drafts in future years will be 11 rounds long.
- This means that there are 11 rounds of picks that can be traded
- However, because the first 12 rounds are assigned for keepers, the 1st round pick is actually the 13th, the 2nd is the 14th, and so on.
-if you trade a pick, you have to get one back to keep the # of picks even.
-in my pool, you have no choice but to keep 12 players, no more, no less. Its probably the same in your pool, but you'd have to ask your commish.
Hope this helps
First off you need to keep (2,4,6,8 etc.) or the draft positions will be messed up. As for trading draft picks, yahoo will already have the draft position already inserted for the trades. The commish just needs to put the keeper in the correct round of the draft.
P.S. The guys in the league need to be experts in trading or things will get messed up. Gets too complicated trading draft picks. Trading players is enough. Goodluck!!
Expert Fantasy Advice
Cordarrelle Patterson has been the bane of many owners' existence, but he could come alive in Tampa. … More »
If there were any remaining Toby Gerhart loyalists ... well, sorry. Robinson is the Jaguars RB to own. … More »