Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
I made myself a list. Feedback is appreciated and you can post your own if you want
9. Steve Mason
17. Chris Mason
10. S. Mason
14. C. Mason
20. Giguere (traded?)
25. Varlamov/Theodore (flip a coin at this point)
7. Steve Mason
12. C. Mason
Hey Shawn, nice to see you ready for hockey!!!
I like your list, it's not too bad. Steve Mason should be right behind Brodeur...Backstrom is waaaaaay too low and Emery is a bit high...but not too high...maybe switch Fleury and Emery. I agree with others that Gustavssen WILL NOT start over Toskala(at least not right away), so he shouldn't be on the list as should not Quick also. Where's Bryzgalov?!? Anyway...not too bad for a big list...:) Lizzy...
After Miller/S Mason there isn't enough dropoff for it to matter - you're really picking a team defense at this point, rather than a goalie. There will always be a starter who is de-throned and 1-2 breakout candidates. I also expect talented veterans like Giguere and Lehtonen to rebound.
01. Luongo Van
02. Nabokov SJ
03. Thomas Bos
04. Brodeur NJ
05. Kiprusoff Cal
06. Lundqvist NYR
07. Fleury Pit
08. S.Mason Cbj
09. Miller Buf
10. Ward Car
11. Backstrom Min
12. Price Mtl
13. Emery Phi
14. Huet Chi
15. Turco Dal
16. Smith TB
17. Khabibulin Edm
18. C.Mason Stl
19. Vokoun Fla
20. Hiller Ana
21. Giguere Ana
22. Varlamov Was
23. Leclaire Ott
24. Rinne Nas
25. Osgood Det
How is Gustavsson, who isn't even a starter, ahead of Price? For that matter, how is Gustavsson ahead of Toskala?
And why are Chris Mason and Mike Smith so high up there?
Dude, can I play in your league? Your rankings are crap.
Some guys are *way* too low on that list...
1. Luongo (with Brodeur being completely acceptable here as well)
6. Lundqvist (he'd be higher if his team didn't perennialy suck)
8. Backstrom (how on EARTH did you have him at 18? seriously?)
12. Giguere (whether on the Ducks or not, he's still an exceptional goalie.. leaving him off your list is ridiculous)
13. C.Mason (look at his stats from last year, he's always underrated in fantasy)
15. Price (should be able to bounce back this year)
16. Rinne (loved him last year but his team is still weak)
17. Huet (only because of the team around him)
18. Emery (you're obviously a flyers fan, but be realistic... he's still not a top tier tender - intentional alliteration ;) )
19. Khabi (questionable... EDM still sucks...)
20. Hiller (whether he's the starter for the DUCKS or plays 1A/1B, he'll still put up good stats)
21. Leclaire (if he stays healthy and Ottawa as a whole grows up a bit...)
22. Osgood (would probably rank around 12th if I was positive he'd play 60+ games... unlikely tho)
23. Quick (L.A is improving and he put up some seriously impressive numbers last year for his age and team)
- 2 Replies to A Yahoo! User
I'm not a Flyers fan...
Giguere at 12? At best he'd be rotating with Hiller which makes him less valuable.
Also, I had Backstrom down there because I don't think Minni will be great this year. They don't have Gaborik anymore.
Emery is on a powerhouse team who might possibly win the East. Look at their defence, also. I think Emery will have a great year..
- View More Messages
Expert Fantasy Advice
The Big Board takes into consideration past returns, current performance and expected future gains in determining who should be included. … More »
Brandon Funston and Scott Pianowski talk MLB news and happenings, starting in St. Louis. … More »
Hanley Ramirez's bat has come alive this week and he's cheaply priced for Sunday DFS. … More »
Talking Edwin Encarnacion, a look around the league and other random nonsense. … More »