General Message Board
First off,my name is Kevin for those who dont know me yet and I go by the name KEGSTERS in our league and I want to Welcome you to the THE WHITE FLAG VI ..Good luck to another great season of Nascar racing. This is our 6th season with lots of returning players from our group last year,and other years as well.
A couple of requests.
I would appreciate it if the posts were kept reasonably appropriate. Feel free to trash talk etc., but just remember we’ve got wives, moms, sisters, kids, etc… playing and I would like it so all, no matter what age, etc. can enjoy the conversations and updates.And I hope each and every one of you will post something from time to time..like your thoughts of the races,where you live or whatever is on your mind so we can all get to know each other a little bit better...Thanks... ;)
Rules of the Game:
1. There are two races going on at the same time. One race we are calling it the __SPRINT CUP__ And that is to be one of 15 teams with 10 races left fighting for the most points scored in those 10 races,and the team with the most points in those 10 races will be our SPRINT CUP CHAMPION. The other race we are calling it the __WINSTON CUP__ and is for the most points scored for the entire season and is where you end up when eliminated from the SPRINT GROUP unless you get the (LUCKY DOG)on any given week. This year again, you will not need to modify your name if you are eliminated. You can just keep racing for the WINSTON CHAMPIONSHIP CUP and or the SPRINT CHAMPIONSHIP if you get the LUCKY DOG on any given week.
2.With 50 players there will be no eliminations for the first 3 races of the season. After the 4th race, the 4 teams with the lowest total cumulative score will be eliminated,(Put into the WINSTON GROUP). This will give everybody an opportunity to recover from one,or two bad races at the beginning of the season.
3. From week 5 on, we will eliminate the 2 lowest cumulative scores of those racers still in the SPRINT elimination competition until week 14..then only 1 per week until the CHASE on week 27. We will end up with 15 teams in the SPRINT (Chase) for the final 10 races.
4. During the SPRINT (Chase),last 10 races the 15 Teams left will start off with a 2 point difference between them...For instance Team #1 would start with 30 points and Team #2 would start with 28 points....and Team #15 would start at 2 points.For the final 10 races each team will just add their normal weekly score to the points and the team with the most points after 10 races wins the SPRINT CUP CHAMPIONSHIP. If there is a tie at the end then the TEAM with the most points scored in the Sprint group before the final 10 races start will be our winner for the season.If there is still a tie then the Team who scored the most points on any given week will be the Champion. Manage your teams carefully so you have some good starts left at the end!
5. For the "LUCKY DOG" this year.Only the eliminated players in the "WINSTON GROUP" are eligible.You use to have had the high score out of all 50 players) Here’s how it works: All eliminated drivers in the WINSTON CUP can get back into the (SPRINT) elimination competition by having the high score for that week. If any eliminated driver(s) posts the high score for that week, they will be re-entered into the SPRINT elimination competition and then we will eliminate 1 or more extra drivers the next week. The “LUCKY DOG” provision is in effect only until we get to the SPRINT Chase,(last 10 races).
6. I will post an update each week by Midweek at the latest of who is eliminated and who is still in the competition.. Thanks for joining,and Best of Luck to all.....Kevin...aka..KEGSTERS.
Expert Fantasy Advice
As we get ready for Manning-Brady XVI, let's look back at the history between the titans. … More »
A wave of fractures & strains has hit OKC, and no player appears safe. Among the uninjured, an obvious pickup has emerged. … More »
With an obscene number of fantasy stars unavailable, our crew will help guide you through the Week 9 muck. … More »
Get out the pricing gun: here's how one Yahoo scribe sees the QB and WR marketplace. … More »