Commissioner Corner Message Board
A day or 2 after our draft, I offered Alexi Ogando to receive Dee Gordon. The trade was approved the next morning around 9AM, but around 2 I received the following email from the manager of the other team:
I've changed my mind on this trade and asked the commissioner to veto it. My reasoning is because I thought Ogando was a starting pitcher, and I found out he's being moved to the bullpen.
I pulled the trigger to quick because of his good starting pitching stats.
The commissioner then vetoed the trade saying it is not balanced since Ogando is a long reliever and not a starting pitcher or closer.
I have two problems with this:
1. The league calls for a league vote to veto trades, not a commissioner veto.
2. At the time I drafted Ogando and offered the trade, I too thought Ogando was starting so I feel the commissioner's argument doesn't hold.
I appreciate any comments on this. Thanks everyone.
commish is incompetent.
1. commish had no right to veto, if setting is league vote.
2. other guy's lack of research on ogando is not your problem. it's his problem. trading is "buyer beware"--the burden is on the traders to stay abreast of news.
- 1 Reply to Mac
Sounds like "caveat emptor on the part of other Mgr. Also since the commish overstepped his bounds and granted a wish to another Mgr., the least he could do is grant one to you . Either request should be made and granted :
1) reverse his first action
2) put the item to a vote for all members
and if that does not happen ...YOU place it up for a vote , and rate him as "shallow and unknowing of his credability, if he continues as a commishioner
Expert Fantasy Advice
Our experts dished out a lot of Fantasy Football advice at National Draft Day 2015. Check it out here. … More »
Jeff Samardzija? Yeah, we can go after him for DFS purposes. … More »
Yahoo's Fantasy Football experts and special guests Jim Kelly, Randall Cunningham and Dwight Clark will be part of the ultimate Fantasy Football Draft Party. … More »
Time to price all the running backs, with two well-known veterans at the top. … More »