Commissioner Corner Message Board
Can someone please explain to me how Jorge Campillo (Braves) was charged with 5 runs in Monday's game against the Giants? He had only given up 4 until the 7th inning and then this is what took place in the 7th:
Sandoval Singled to center
Burriss singled to left, Sandoval into 2nd
Zito grounded into fielders choice, Sandoval out at 3rd, Burriss into 2nd
Roberts walked, Burriss into 3rd, Zito into 2nd,
**** Burriss scored on Brian McCann's throwing error.
Ochoa grounds into fielders choice, Zito into 3rd, Roberts out at 2nd.
Campillo was charged for a 5th run because of McCann's throwing error. I do not see how this is possible considering the rules (2) below:
A run is counted as unearned when:
1) A batter reaches base on an error, and later scores a run in that inning.
2) A batter or runner advances one or more bases on an error and scores on a play that would otherwise not have provided the opportunity to score.
3) A baserunner scores after the third out would have been made.
Not only did he get charged 5 runs, but his ERA is calculated incorrectly. ERA should be calculated Runs divided by innings pitched times 9. So if Campillo pitched 6.2 innings and "supposedly" gave up 5 runs then this should be his ERA:
5 / 6.2 X 9 = 7.26 (Yahoo has it as 6.75)
His ERA should actually be (4 earned runs)
4 / 6.2 X 9 = 5.81
oops I read that wrong.I thought it was today game.
- P. Sandoval singled to left center
- E. Burriss singled to left, P. Sandoval to third
- B. Zito grounded into fielder's choice, P. Sandoval out at home, E. Burriss to second
- D. Roberts walked, E. Burriss to third, B. Zito to second, E. Burriss scored on catcher B. McCann's throwing error
- I. Ochoa grounded into fielder's choice, B. Zito to third, D. Roberts out at second
- W. Ohman relieved J. Campillo
- F. Lewis struck out swinging
Ochoa grounded probably would had been a dp so that run should be unearned and you're right but it doesn't matter you should've him on your team.
also you did the era calculations wrong
so 5 earned runs over 6.67 innings
it would be
and if it as only 4 earned runs
then it would be
5.397 or 5.4
Expert Fantasy Advice
Every major league team's bullpen hierarchy, all in one place. … More »
Looking at the DFS slate for Sunday. … More »
A look at the DFS slate for Saturday. … More »
Kevin White, who could creep into the NFL Draft's top-10, has scouts and prospective fantasy owners drooling. … More »
So many aces in action on Friday, it's tough to choose just one. Let's review... … More »