General Message Board
1. Enable the 'max games played' option in Head-to-Head leagues. Getting tired of seeing guys with junk teams playing the Free-Agent market for players playing the next day, so they can beat a better built team with 'zerg-tactics'.
2. Allow stats to be assigned to specific positions. Also, on the same note, allow Goalies to score (speaking from experience, do you know how hard it is for a goalie to get a goal? Damnit give him credit! =]p).
C - G, A, +/-, PIM, FW
W - G, A, +/-, PIM
D - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP
G - G, A, W, SV%, GAA, SO
(or whatever, just an example)
4. Add Blocked Shots, Minutes Played, and Overtime points as stat categories.
6. Allow the ability to limit goalie bench slots separately from player bench slots.
7. Create a 'DTD' injury slot in conjunction with the 'IR' slot.
8. Move that smack talk in the match-up window somewhere else or allow people, to 'hide' it. In my league it blocks the last stat category and the total score on the scoreboard.
These are a few suggestions I've come up with after talking with my friends, league and other commissioners, mainly for custom leagues.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this, I'd appreciate any feedback!
I sent a few suggestions to yahoo that are similar to some of yours. I do like some of your other suggestions that I did not think of. Hopefully yahoo makes some changes. Does anyone know the chances of this happening.
I would like to see Draft Pick trading implemented somehow.
If you could somehow in the trade window ask for the trading partners 3rd round draft pick for next year as well as a player, i think it would be more interesting.
- 2 Replies to Nate
Use this link to contact yahoo. I have contacted them with similar suggestions. But send yours as well if you haven't already. You will get an email telling you that they have passed along your suggestions. If the link doesn't work click the help link on the main login page and click contact us.
One thing I didn't like to see was when minimum goalie starts isn't reached the opposing team wins all goalie categories including shutouts even when there were no shutouts for either team. While I agree with the minimum starts in theory, you don't deserve a point for a 0.
- 2 Replies to checkit
Shutouts and GAA are more a team stat than a player... but that's why you pick them (otherwise, there's no good reason to grab Conklin or Osgood =]p)
Saves are already a stat category.
And again, limiting the number of moves doesn't change the fact that you can still get more than 82 games out of a slot. Which is what I'm suggesting. Allow a max games played option in Head-to-head so you can make as many moves as you want, just keep the games to 82 for everyone in the league.
- 1 Reply to Shizzle
i think toi, should be counted, it would prevent guys from dropping and adding players everyday. Hits, blocked shots, goaltender pim, and cap the max moves to either 50 or 100, i have seen guys make over 1400 moves in the regular season, that's a joke.. love all of the idea's posted. except shutouts, they should be counted.
- View More Messages
Expert Fantasy Advice
Receivers lead the way atop Brandon Funston's initial rankings heading into the start of training camps. … More »
Brandon Funston and Scott Pianowski talk MLB news and happenings, starting in St. Louis. … More »
Hanley Ramirez's bat has come alive this week and he's cheaply priced for Sunday DFS. … More »
Talking Edwin Encarnacion, a look around the league and other random nonsense. … More »