Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
8 team H2H
cats: runs, hits, rbi, sb, bb, k, tb, obp, slg,
ip, w, sv, k, h, era, whip, k/9, QS
here's my team
1. McCutchen (took him over Cargo)
10. Victor Martinez
13. Lohse (auto pick)
14. Jim Johnson
17. Ike Davis
19. Josh Willingham
20. Josh Becket
22. James McDonald
23. Suzuki, Ichiro
No offense but you need more practice. Here's some thoughts:
1. McCutchen (took him over Cargo) Ok not a bad pick.
2. Strasburg Ok although I would tell you in a H2H league I normally go bat, bat, arm.
3. Dickey WAY early. (are you a mets fan here?, AL East is going to eat him up)
4. Granderson WAY early K's are going to kill his value in your league. I wouldn't go earlier than 6th in an 8 team league. Is he the 30th best player in fantasy? No he's not.
5. Headley Too early for him too.
6. Dunn How the F did Adam Dunn go ahead of Roy Halladay or even Jeter for that matter???
7. Kimbrel fine
8. Halladay Fine
9. Jeter A bit early unless you think he's repeating last year (and I'm a yanx fan).
10. Victor Martinez I thought he retired? Is he the 80th best fantasy player? No way he's in the top 100.
- 2 Replies to Jersey Guy
ok so i've drafted now - 12 team league and here are the cats
R, H, RBI, HR, SB, TB, K, OBP, IP, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS
I picked 12th (last again!)
8. Victor Martinez
9. Jake Peavy
10. Dan Haren
13. Jed Lowrie
14. Andy Pettite
15. Michael Young
Not sure how you can make that statement about VMart. None of us really knows what he will bring to the table this year. His 2011 year-end rank was 53. Are we to assume that he has degraded that much due to losing a year? Darned if I know the answer.
Your 1st 14 picks were solid since you are in a OBP, TB, SLG league....after that...things went into the #$%$.
I don't think you have enough top performers for an 8 team league and I don't think you adequately addressed all the additional categories properly (those beyond the traditional 5x5).
Urggh, you couldn't pay me to join an 8 team league with all those b/s categories! You don't deserve to have you question answered. Play in a league for grown-ups
- 1 Reply to BillyBeane is Not MyLover
Billy's right some of those stat cats are bad.
Honestly for an 8 team league your line up is bad. Dickey in the 3rd and Dunn in the 6th??? There had to have been better players available at those spots. Dickey's numbers will regress this year. Don't bank on 230 Ks from him, and his ERA will increase some now that he is in the AL East. I like Dickey just not where you drafted him.
Dunn and Grandy will kill you in hits, obp and Ks. Not something you want to see from two of your top 6 picks.
Expert Fantasy Advice
Brandon Funston and Scott Pianowski talk MLB news and happenings, starting in St. Louis. … More »
Hanley Ramirez's bat has come alive this week and he's cheaply priced for Sunday DFS. … More »
Talking Edwin Encarnacion, a look around the league and other random nonsense. … More »
A look at recent fantasy risers and fallers regarding trades and the draft. … More »
Trevor Rosenthal imploded again on Friday, and it's high time fantasy owners speculate on a replacement. … More »