Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
10 team roto
1. Matt Kemp (LAD - OF)
2. Dustin Pedroia (Bos - 2B)
3. Hanley Ramirez (Mia - SS)
4. Josh Hamilton (Tex - OF)
5. Mike Napoli (Tex - C,1B)
6. Jon Lester (Bos - SP)
7. Carl Crawford (Bos - OF)
8. C.J. Wilson (LAA - SP)
9. Jonathan Papelbon (Phi - RP)
10. Joe Mauer (Min - C,1B)
11. Corey Hart (Mil - OF)
12. Chris Carpenter (StL - SP)
13. Jose Valverde (Det - RP)
14. Cory Luebke (SD - SP,RP)
15. Mark Reynolds (Bal - 1B,3B)
16. Freddie Freeman (Atl - 1B)
17. Tim Hudson (Atl - SP)
18. David Ortiz (Bos - Util)
19. Justin Masterson (Cle - SP)
20. Ryan Roberts (Ari - 2B,3B)
21. Jair Jurrjens (Atl - SP)
22. Danny Espinosa (Was - 2B)
23. Chad Billingsley (LAD - SP)
I get the "don't draft pitchers, just stockpile crap like Ryan Vogelsong" strategy, but a 10-team league and you don't have any of the top 15 starting pitchers?
And you have just two closers in the pen? (The rest of the teams have 3, and apparently at least one team has 4.)
It's Roto. You are going to struggle to score points in WHIP, ERA, W's, saves.
Assuming standard 5 x 5, if you score 15 points in pitching, you are NOT going to win the league. Seriously, it is basically impossible since you will "max out" at 65 points (an unlikely score since you would have to win every hitting category).
In a 10-team league, 65 points is not going to win the league.