Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
I am in a keeper league that allows us to keep the same player at the same draft position for three consecutive years. I am on the final year of my keeper status for two players so next year I will lose any keeper I keep this year that I have kept the two prior years. Take a look at the list and tell me who you think I should keep knowing I only have one more year to keep Tim Lincecum (in the 9th round), and Miguel Cabrera (in the 1st). **For the past two years everyone has kept their first rounder so something to keep in mind...
Gonna Do Better
1. (4) Miguel Cabrera (Det - 1B)
2. (17) Grady Sizemore (Cle - OF)
3. (24) Brian McCann (Atl - C)
4. (37) Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B)
5. (44) Justin Verlander (Det - SP)
6. (57) Chone Figgins (Sea - 2B,3B)
7. (64) Nelson Cruz (Tex - OF)
8. (77) Carlos Peña (ChC - 1B)
9. (84) Tim Lincecum (SF - SP)
10. (97) Francisco Rodríguez (NYM - RP)
11. (104) Jason Heyward (Atl - OF)
12. (117) Elvis Andrus (Tex - SS)
13. (124) Max Scherzer (Det - SP)
14. (137) Carlos Zambrano (ChC - SP,RP)
15. (144) Adrian Beltre (Tex - 3B)
16. (157) Frank Francisco (Tor - RP)
17. (164) Howie Kendrick (LAA - 1B,2B)
18. (177) John Danks (CWS - SP)
19. (184) Jaime Garcia (STL- SP, RP)
20. (197) Shaun Marcum (Mil - SP,RP)
21. (204) Phil Hughes (NYY - SP,RP)
22. (217) Brad Lidge (Phi - RP)
23. (224) Rafael Furcal (LAD - SS)
24 (237) Corey Hart (Mil - OF)
24. (237) Jose Bautista (Tor - 3B,OF)
I assume no maximum on keepers since you didn't specify.
Definitely keep Miggy, Cruz, Lincecum, Heyward, Andrus, Beltre, Danks, Hughes, and Bautista. You have pretty good value for all of those. You even have good value on Furcal, which I might keep for trade value, even though you already have a SS in Andrus.
Other players you have decent value on are Phillips, Verlander, Scherzer and Hart.