Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
Best: Traded Hines Ward for Marshawn Lynch after the draft prior to week 1 and hanging on to him.
Best: Traded DHB for Shonn Greene after DHB's only good week.
Best: Traded Tebow for S Jackson (then started Jackson) the week he blew up against the Saints.
Worst: Traded Benson for Olsen after Olsen blew up then went to shit. Wouldn't have played Benson but still...
Drafting Ray Rice over Jammal Charles
Grabbing Michael Bush/Beanie Wells
Having Laurent Robinson to fill in for Miles Austin
Sitting Beanie Wells for his 2 best games
Cutting David Akers for S.Jankowski (week 11)
Not Owning a Packer all year
- 1 Reply to JAG
2 good - Traded Boldin for Thomas (Saints) early in season and then gave harvin and forte (2wks before injury) for colston and welker in a ppr league (Harvin has done well last couple of weeks, but I am still way ahead with my 2 than he is)
1 Bad - forgot to take ap out of lineup this week and had brandon jacobs ready to go (not out of playoffs but dropped me from 2 seed down to 4)
* Dropped Santana Moss when he was injured and picked up Victor Cruz
* Added Reggie Bush
* The best move I did was I drafted Tom Brady as my starting QB and drafted Rob Gronkowski originally as my backup Tight End but he very quickly became my starter :) Having the Brady to Gronkowski connection on my team is lethal :) They put up huge points for me consistently :)
I finished our league regular season at 13-1. The only game I lost was week #1 then went on a 13 game win streak. I locked in a playoff spot 3 weeks ago and am the #1 seed going into our playoffs this week. Non-ppr, standard scoring, 10 team league :) Get the belt shined up for me!
1) Traded D Jax for V Jax
2) Traded Jimmy Graham and Dez Bryant for MJD, Benson (Dez ended up getting hurt; yes Graham is #2 TE but my RBs were absolute garbage before the trade)
3) Picked up Marion Barber 3 days before Forte went down
4) Picked up Ben Tate
5) Picked up Laurent Robinson
6) Traded Stevie Johnson for D Jax and Holmes (used to D Jax for the 3 weeks he was productive, then got V Jax)
7) picked up Roy Helu
8) Picked up Colston off waivers
9) traded Fitzpatrick for Olsen and Jacobs (have Romo as my starter)
traded Gronk (that I picked up off waivers) for Maclin. (The guy than traded Gronk for Nate Burleson and Hines Ward). I needed a WR at the time - and used Maclin for the 4 weeks Gronk was basically not productive.
Overall I made about 15 trades in the league (3 other teams traded, no one else did).
I took a lot of chances, gave up players who were "projected" to do better than the players I was asking for - but in the end I either broke even on my trades or improved my team more than the other guy.
- View More Messages