Draft and Trade Talk Message Board
I took Royal. Here's why:
1) Reggie Brown will return this week in Philly. He and Jackson play the same position. They will alternate time.
2) Royal is the WR#2 position starter in Denver. Marshall will not replace him here. They will be on the field together.
3) Royal is a better punt returner (see his Virginia Tech highlights)
4) Broncos running game is week (i.e. no Westbrook to steal catches).
5) Shanahan let Royal throw a pass! Doesn't that tell you they want to get this guy in the offense? Has he ever let Marshal throw a pass? I think not.
I would have to go with DeSean Jackson over Eddie Royal simply because K Curtis is going to be out for a while in Philadelphia while Brandon Marshall will be back in week 2 for Denver. Neither teams are deep at the wide receiver position, but I would have to say that Denver has the better corp with Marshall and Royal on the field. What this means is the ball has to go to Marshall since he's a top 10 receiver leaving Royal's production a bit limited upon Marshalls return.
- 3 Replies to Austin C
Vince isn't worth anything currently, the thing I like about Jackson is not only is he the go to receiver now, but he's also their punt returner, which potentially could net you 2 or 3 TD's in a week depending on how many receiving TD's he has. Royal's value will drop once Marshall comes back this week.
Long run, I think Royal because the already Eagles have Brown and Curtis when he comes back. Even when Marshal comes back for Broncos, Royal should still be seeing plenty of touches as #2 receiver.
Expert Fantasy Advice
Receivers lead the way atop Brandon Funston's initial rankings heading into the start of training camps. … More »
Brandon Funston and Scott Pianowski talk MLB news and happenings, starting in St. Louis. … More »
Hanley Ramirez's bat has come alive this week and he's cheaply priced for Sunday DFS. … More »
Talking Edwin Encarnacion, a look around the league and other random nonsense. … More »