November 25, 2011
Even with six teams already out of the way in Week 12, we have much to discuss on the injury report. Let's get to it, leading off with the running back and then following up in this order: QB, WR, TE, and the rest.
• Adrian Peterson (ankle) missed the full week of team practice, though he did some individual work Friday. Nonetheless the Vikings have listed Peterson as doubtful, so it looks like Toby Gerhart(notes) will get the call at Atlanta. The underrated Falcons front seven is allowing just 3.8 yards a carry and 85.4 rushing yards per game. Saturday Update: Peterson has officially been downgraded to out, so that's that.
• Darren McFadden(notes) (foot) will not dress against the Bears, and Hue Jackson is hinting that McFadden might be eased back to work when the tailback is ready. Taiwan Jones(notes) (hamstring) didn't take any reps this week, either, so Michael Bush(notes) figures to lug the mail on Sunday.
• Ryan Mathews(notes) (knee) had a full practice Friday, and according to our friend Michael Gehlken, Mathews wasn't wearing his knee brace. Looks like Mathews will be in uniform against the Broncos, though he's never a sure thing to get through a full game healthy and productive.
• Shonn Greene(notes) (rib) didn't miss any work this week and is listed as probable. Look for him to get a full day against Buffalo. LaDainian Tomlinson(notes) (knee) was held out for the full week, however, and even as he's listed as questionable, I can't see him playing this weekend. Joe McKnight(notes) looms as an interesting backup.
• Peyton Hillis(notes) (hamstring) took some team reps Friday and thinks he can play against the Bengals. Pat Shurmur says Hillis is a game-time decision. Montario Hardesty(notes) (calf) is also listed as questionable, on the heels of three partial practices. If you're stuck on this backfield for a desperation play, take heart - it's an early game at Cincinnati.
• Matt Hasselbeck(notes) (elbow) took all the Thursday and Friday reps and is in line to start against the Bucs. Hasselbeck needs to be on-point, as Jake Locker(notes) moved the Titans well in relief last week.
• Kevin Kolb(notes) (toe) had three partial days of practice and is listed as questionable for the game at St. Louis. Nothing is solidified yet, but it looks like John Skelton(notes) gets another week.
• Andy Dalton(notes) (shoulder), Mark Sanchez(notes) (neck) Tarvaris Jackson(notes) (pectoral), Christian Ponder(notes) (knee) and Colt McCoy(notes) (shoulder) are all probable and expected to start for their respective clubs.
• Although Wes Welker(notes) (knee) took limited reps in practice, the Patriots are listing him as probable. Go ahead and use him at Philadelphia. Things are more dicey with Deion Branch(notes) (hip, questionable) and Chad Ochocinco(notes) (hamstring, questionable, no practice Friday).
• Although DeSean Jackson(notes) (foot) had limited reps Thursday and Friday, the Eagles are calling him probable against New England. Sounds like he'll be a go. Jeremy Maclin(notes) (hamstring/shoulder) was held out the last two days and he's considered doubtful. Consider Riley Cooper(notes) if you're in a receiver pinch.
• Jacoby Ford(notes) (foot) won't dress for the Raiders and Darrius Heyward-Bey(notes) (neck) and Denarius Moore(notes) (foot) are also dinged up. Moore didn't take a rep all week, so it looks like he'll sit. DHB was able to work on a limited basis Thursday and Friday.
• Stevie Johnson(notes) (shoulder) and David Nelson(notes) (illness) are both listed as probable. Good luck against the Jets secondary, men. Naaman Roosevelt(notes) (shoulder) has already been ruled out, however, and Donald Jones(notes) (ankle) is done for the season.
• Danario Alexander(notes) (hamstring) did some work Friday and is listed as questionable for Week 12. Hopefully you don't need to look this deep. Teammate Austin Pettis(notes) (knee) is probable, but Mark Clayton(notes) (knees) is done for the year.
• Visanthe Shiancoe(notes) (hamstring) returned to practice Friday after sitting the earlier sessions. He has a chance to play at Atlanta, which is key given that Kyle Rudolph(notes) (quad) didn't practice all week.
• Philadelphia corners Nnamdi Asomugha(notes) (knee) and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie(notes) (ankle) are both listed as questionable. Asomugha didn't take any Friday reps; Rodgers-Cromartie had a partial session after sitting out the two prior days.
Images courtesy of US Presswire