Fri Dec 30 07:21pm EST
The dream isn't over for a select few of you, so let's have a look at the injury news of the week. I'll update this file later on Friday as circumstances merit.
• Ryan Mathews (calf) was rested Friday after turning in a partial Thursday practice. He looks like a game-time decision for the late match at Oakland, so get a caddy ready. Teammate Mike Tolbert (hamstring) is listed as probable, so get your Kool Aid ready.
• Chris Johnson (ankle) returned to practice Friday and should be able to play at Houston, though he's listed as questionable on the injury report. I'd look long and hard for an alternative before I dialed up CJ this week.
• LeSean McCoy (ankle) did limited work Thursday and Friday and the team expects him to play in the meaningless season finale. Nonetheless, Shady is listed as questionable on the injury report, so make sure you double-check his status on Sunday.
• Although Felix Jones (hamstring) is listed as questionable, he turned in three days of practice and all the context clues point to him starting against the Giants. We'll see if he's able to finish.
• Tony Romo (hand) had a strong week of practice and will start against the Giants. He's probable. If he's your normal quarterback, you dial him up here.
• Tom Brady is playing through a sprained left shoulder, but it's not going to keep him off the field for Sunday's key game against Buffalo. The Pats are listing Brady as probable, and he took some Friday reps.
• Ben Roethlisberger (ankle) had a good practice week and the Steelers list him as probable for the game at Cleveland. Big Ben is a sure bet to start, but no one knows if he'll go the entire way. I'd stay away from him unless you literally have no other option.
• Andre Johnson (hamstring) is expected to start Sunday, though no one thinks he'll play a complete game. I consider him nothing more than a deep WR3 for this week.
• Calvin Johnson (Achilles) is listed as probable and is sounds like the Lions want the game at Green Bay, so deploy as usual.
• Vincent Jackson (groin) had a full Friday practice and is considered probable for the game at Oakland.
• Randall Cobb (groin) won't play Sunday, if you wanted to know.
• Billy Cundiff (calf) is questionable for the game at Cincinnati. Billy, don't be a hero. Get healthy for the playoffs.
Image courtesy of US Presswire
Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports:
• Reggie Bush buys Segways for entire Dolphins offensive line
• Terrell Owens reportedly considering joining Indoor Football League
• Video: Tim Tebow's confidence should help the Broncos against the Chiefs