President of Pac-12 Enterprises Gary Stevenson came on Yahoo! Sports Radio with Travis Rodgers today to talk about the recently-launched Pac-12 Network. Listen to the interview HERE.
The quick bullet points:
- All PAC-12 games will be broadcasted on television.
- The PAC-12 Network launched last night, and this network is a game changer.
- The PAC-12 Network is great for recruiting students, coaches, etc.
- View the network as a content company.
- 1 National network and 6 regionals.
- They will have studio shows on the PAC-12 Network as well.
- PAC-12 Network is based in San Francisco.
- Football will be vital to the network.
- Cable companies like Comcast and Time Warner are on board, but at this point they don't have DISH, U-Verse, Verizon, or DirecTV.
- Still through their cable providers they can be seen by 48 million viewers.