Favoritism is not a tag that has regularly hung around the neck of Roger Federer over the past year.
The world No.2's struggles in the back end of 2008 meant that even for his Grand Slam victories at the U.S. Open and the French Open two weeks ago, he did not top the list of pundits' pre-tournament choices.
For Wimbledon though, that all changes and Federer is widely expected to cruise to his 15th Slam title. With Rafael Nadal out of the picture, Federer's main opposition appears to come from Andy Murray, who will be backed by hordes of screaming local fans.
Here we take a look at our first edition of Yahoo! Sports' Wimbledon rankings, listing our favorites for the championship. They will be updated after each round.
1. Roger Federer - overwhelming favorite to regain title
2. Andy Murray - the hopes of a nation rest on his shoulders
3. Andy Roddick - draw has opened up for him to make a deep run
4. Novak Djokovic - wants to atone for 2008 disappointment
5. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - performed well in his only previous Wimbledon
6. Juan Martin Del Potro - trying to break through as a leading star
7. Tommy Haas - in great form and won warm-up event in Halle
8. Fernando Gonzalez - former quarter-finalist is having a great year
1. Venus Williams - dominant on grass and hungry for a sixth title
2. Serena Williams - struggling for form but can't be discounted
3. Svetlana Kuznetsova - French Open champ hopes to continue big summer
4. Maria Sharapova - can she last seven matches?
5. Dinara Safina - uncomfortable on grass and unlikely to triumph
6. Caroline Wozniacki - rising star looking for a Slam breakthrough
7. Victoria Azarenka - could be bothered by a hip complaint
8. Vera Zvonareva - was in spectacular form before recent injury woes
- Andy Murray