The big names continue to surge at the Australian Open, setting up a huge second week in Melbourne.
On the men's side, the Big Four remain in position in our latest edition of the Yahoo! Sports power rankings. But behind them, the pack is bunched together and jostling for position.
Serena Williams has endured some shaky moments, giving confidence to women's title hopefuls Jelena Jankovic, Elena Dementieva and Dinara Safina. But Williams' draw makes her an overwhelming favorite to reach at least the semis, where Dementieva could lie in wait.
1. (1) Andy Murray: Talented Brit marches on but has a tough route to the semis. Round 4: vs. Fernando Verdasco.
5. (-) Fernando Verdasco: Spaniard has dropped just 12 games in three matches. Round 4: vs. Andy Murray.
1. (1) Serena Williams: Far from convincing but still the favorite in an open field. Round 4: vs. Victoria Azarenka.
2. (2) Jelena Jankovic: World No. 1 is making smooth and confident progress. Round 4: vs. Marion Bartoli.
3. (3) Elena Dementieva: May never have a better chance of winning her first Slam. Round 4: vs. Dominika Cibulkova.
4. (4) Dinara Safina: Happier now on the Melbourne surface and could challenge. Round 4: vs. Alize Cornet.
8. (-) Victoria Azarenka: Tough teenager wants to improve on her best Slam result. Round 4: vs. Serena Williams.