Chelsea Handler sat down with Maria Sharapova on Monday night and, in between inevitable questions about tracksuit-wearing Russian men and vodka, the late-night cable host asked the Russian tennis star about accusations that she's sort of a b. Sharapova was all too happy to confirm the rumors.
The full transcript:
Handler: "You are a bitch, I like that."
Sharapova: "I really am."
Handler: "You have a reputation for being kind of a bitch. Right? Why, are you?"
Sharapova: "At times."
Handler: "Do you not hang out with the other tennis girls. Is that why people think that?"
Sharapova: "I'm not exactly giving them fives in the shower. It's not my thing. I get out of the locker room as fast as I can. It's not my hangout."
Handler: "That's good. I like that attitude. You don't really give a [expletive]."
Judging by the tone of "Chelsea Lately," I'm assuming someone gets called that word on a daily basis. Sharapova didn't appear to mind. Rather, she relished in it, particularly her lack of giving out high-fives in the shower. That's smart. It just seems dangerous.
Other tidbits from the whole segment (which you can watch on the embed above):
1. Maria has never dated a Russian man (a subset of men Handler associates with shadiness and track suits). When asked whether fiance Sasha Vujacic was Russian, Maria said, "No, thank goodness."
2. Sugarpova, Maria's new candy line, is taking longer to launch than the new season of "Mad Men."
3. There will be no vodka in the Sugarpova gummi bears.
4. Maria calls herself "big-boned."
5. Sharapova went to the Vanity Fair Oscar party at 10 p.m. and was in bed by 11:30.
- Maria Sharapova
- Chelsea Handler