sharapova kvitova wimb final11
Maria Sharapova plays for her second Wimbledon title on Saturday against No. 9 seed Petra Kvitova. Busted Racquet previews and predicts the final.
• Sharapova is playing in her fourth Grand Slam final. She's won three -- Wimbledon, 2004; U.S. Open, 2006; and Australian Open, 2008. This is the first major final for Kvitova.
• With a victory, Sharapova would move to No. 3 in the world. Kvitova is No. 7 with a win.
• Sharapova hasn't lost a set en route to the final. She's held opponents to three games or less in nine of her 12 sets.
• In the Open era, 20 of the 62 women playing in their first Grand Slam final have gone on to win the match.
• Mindblowing stat No. 1: If Sharapova wins, she'll become the youngest Wimbledon champion since she won as a 17-year-old in 2004. She is 24.
Mindblowing stat No. 2: This is only the fourth final since 1977 that doesn't include either Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, Steffi Graf or one of the Williams sisters.
Read More »from Previewing the Sharapova-Kvitova Wimbledon final