- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Despite being shown three of four red cards on the day, PSG beat Evian 1-0. With PSG already in the lead thanks to a Javier Pastore goal in the 50th minute, Marco Verratti was sent off after getting booked a second time in the 81st minute. Beckham, who entered the match two minutes later, was then sent off with a straight red for a stompy challenge that didn't appear to connect with its intended target in the third minute of added time.
Beckham was understandably surprised by the ruling and did a bit of protesting to the ref, but the official was far from done his day's work. A scuffle broke out after the final whistle with PSG keeper Salvatore Sirigu and Evian striker Saber Khelifa each shown red, though there was some confusion as to whether Sirigu was actually punished.
This has been the Dirty Tackle of the Day: a chronicling of unfortunate events.
Other news from the Yahoo! Sports Minute
Other popular content on Yahoo! Sports:
• Fantasy Baseball 2013: There's still time to join a league today!]
• Dwight Howard talks about disappointing season, future with Lakers
• NHL playoff preview | TV schedule
• Fantasy football: Instant impact rookies