"We're still talking with [Cincinnati] and a couple of other clubs," Cordero's agent, Bean Stringfellow, said Tuesday, according to the site. "We're making progress on a lot of fronts. Multi-year contracts are definitely involved. The Reds are involved, and are still interested in bringing him back. I am talking with them on a regular basis."
Earlier this offseason, Stringfellow had said seven or eight clubs were after Cordero, the site notes.
Reds GM Walt Jocketty told the site that his team wasn't offering Cordero more than one year: "We're looking at one year or one year with an option," he said. "That's all it could be, right now -- one year guaranteed."
Cordero went 5-3 with a 2.45 ERA and 37 saves in 43 chances for the Reds last season.
If a deal for Cordero doesn't work out, the site notes that Sean Marshall, who was acquired from the Chicago Cubs on Dec. 23, could find himself in the role.
- Sports & Recreation
- Sports & Recreation/Baseball
- Francisco Cordero
- Cincinnati Reds