Wallace's reps have told the team as much, the paper reports, but also shared that Wallace would be totally open to signing a new deal with the team this summer. According to the Oregonian, the team had approached Wallace in December about signing an extension.
Wallace's current contract ends after next season, but he can opt out and sign a longer deal than he can if he signed an extension while still under contract.
The 29-year-old Wallace, who joined the Blazers via trade from the Charlotte Bobcats last season, is averaging 15.6 points and 6.3 rebounds.
Other popular content on the Y! network:
• Michael Silver: Fired Hue Jackson says Raiders owner made decision
• After three tough seasons, Tom Crean living hoops dream at Indiana
• Video: Fans crash Mavericks' bench during NBA game
• Y! News: Vizio's new TV models nearly 6 feet across
- Sports & Recreation
- Sports & Recreation/Basketball
- Gerald Wallace
- Portland Trail Blazers