A prep basketball team from Orlando might give Florida Gulf Coast University a run for its money when it comes to who is the Sunshine State's official Dunk City.
During a 88-43 victory against crosstown rival East River High, Orlando (Fla.) Oak Ridge High teammates Marquel Willis and Antonio Blakeney essentially hosted a dunk contest in front of their home fans. Home Team Hoops captured the video.
Here's how I'd rank the five dunks from the the Morehead State-bound Willis and Blakeney, Rivals.com's No. 56 senior recruit who owns offers from everyone but FGCU.
- The first Willis dunk. A little too straightforward.
- The alley-oop from 30 feet out to Willis, courtesy of senior point guard Nyquan Murray, who might just have the easiest job in prep basketball.
- The alley-oop from sophomore point guard James Rodney to Blakeney. The East River defender's vertical leap was only about three feet too short on that one.
- The Willis windmill. Dominique-esque.
- The off-the-backboard alley-oop from Murray to Willis. Easy top choice.
Still, the reactions by the dude holding the Coke can and the woman sitting next to him are the best part of this video. Hands down. The entire East Ridge basketball team popping their jerseys after improving to 4-4 on the season is pretty entertaining, too.
- - - - - - -
- Sports & Recreation