• American ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White earned silver in Vancouver, but they started their gold medal bid with style on Sunday, posting a world record score of 78.89 in the short program. Defending gold medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada scored a 76.33, setting up what should be an interesting 1-2 free dance showdown between two pairs that share the same coach and training center in Michigan.
• The United States men's hockey team finished its prelimary play with a confident 5-1 win over Slovenia and appears to be on a crash course to meet Canada in the semifinals. That's because the Canucks needed overtime to beat Finland on Sunday, giving Sweden an open path the overall top seed in the field.
[Related: Team USA men's hockey can win gold]
• Bode Miller made history, becoming the oldest Alpine skier to win a medal with a bronze in the Super-G. The 36-year-old American was super emotional afterward, opening up about the 2013 death of his brother.
• If it's the Olympics, Lindsey Jacobellis must have a date with bad luck. The American snowboarder finished seventh in the women's snowboard cross after falling again.
• It's not looking too good for the Jamaican bobsled team, but the Americans got a good start in the two-man bobsled. Steven Holcomb and Steven Langton are third after two runs and are in contention for what could be the first American bobsled medal in 50 years.
"The American heroes are wearing camo. That's not me."
Women's hockey semifinals (7:30 a.m./12 p.m. ET): The United States takes on Sweden in the early game before Canada plays Switzerland in the nightcap. Will the chalk hold or can the Europeans pull an upset?
Men's snowboard cross finals (4:30 a.m.): Nate Holland, Nick Baumgartner, Trevor Jacob and Alex Deibold look to bring home gold for the United States.
Two-man bobsled (9:30 a.m.): The American team looks for its first medal in 50 years.
Ice dancing (10 a.m.): Davis and White go for gold in the free skate after a dominant short program.
More Winter Olympics coverage from Yahoo Sports:
- - - - - - -
- Sports & Recreation
- Ice Hockey
- Meryl Davis
- Charlie White
- Bode Miller
- Tessa Virtue