Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
Tim Thomas closing in on a decision. Possibly today. Discussions continue with multiple teams.
— Craig Custance (@CraigCustance) September 10, 2013
• Now, are those NHL teams or...
• According to Bob McKenzie, the negotiations between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Nazem Kadri are getting closer. It appears that the Kadri camp is looking for two years, $7 million, while the Leafs are in the two years, $5.7 million range. [TSN]
• The Philadelphia Flyers officially invited Dan Cleary to training camp on a PTO, which they have to do at the moment until they clean up their cap situation, then his reported three-year deal will kick in. [Flyers]
• Larry Brooks on why the New York Rangers have to get Derek Stepan signed, like right now. [NY Post]
• Nick Cotsonika on new Islanders captain John Tavares and the team taking the next step this season. [Yahoo]
• Training camp isn't just opening up this week for NHL players, on-ice officials are having one of their own as well. [CTV]
• Alex Ovechkin, big RGIII fan. [RMNB]
• John Tortorella hates your Twitter account. [PITB]
• Taking a page from MLS, the AHL All-Star Game format is changing with the league's top players facing off against Farjestad of Sweden. [AHL]
• Who are the top 25 Washington Capitals under 25?. [Japers' Rink]
• Milan Michalek says he's feeling 100-percent after undergoing a procedure in Germany on his injured knee. "The procedure involves extracting blood from the patient, then spinning it in a centrifuge to separate the white blood cells. The cells are then heated and injected with a serum that has healing properties, which is then re-injected into the site of the injury." [Sportsnet]
• Radim Vrbata is the entering the final year of his deal and contract extension talks have begun. GM Don Maloney even says his current deal has been a bargain for the team. [FS Arizona]
• Colin Greening signed a three-year, $7.95 million extension with the Ottawa Senators. [Sens]
• Nassau County politicians are still trying to keep the Islanders on Long Island. [Islanders Point Blank]
•After spending last season as a special assignment coach with the New Jersey Devils, Sergei Brylin is joining their AHL team's coaching staff as an assistant. [Fire & Ice]
• Looking at the risks of more outdoor hockey featuring Hockey East teams. [USCHO]
• Why the Florida Panthers are primed for a bounce back season. [Dobber Hockey]
• Finally, here's an excited Evgeni Malkin delivering season tickets to fans and chumming up to babies: