Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• After seeing what happened to their brother Marc, the Staals have decided to don visors, so that they'll continue to be able to see things if something similar ever happens to them. [ESPN]
• Feast your eyes on the beautiful horror that is CHL playoff hair. [Buzzing the Net]
• Speaking of trades, the deadline is on the horizon, which can only mean one thing: fake trades! [The Globe & Mail]
• Tyler Myers is happy with his game these days, but it still leaves many wanting more. Maybe it's the $12 million he's making this season, I dunno. [Buffalo News]
• Here's a question Flames fans are asking these days: is it okay to cheer for them to lose right now? [Flames Nation]
• Here's an expanded take on why I think Alex Edler won't be suspended. "Smith appears behind the net unexpectedly while the Canucks are trying to regain possession of a puck on a powerplay. Edler is following the puck over his right shoulder, and when he looks ahead of him, already on his way behind the goal, suddenly Smith is out. Considering most goalies stay in their net while the opposition is in their zone on a powerplay, it’s hard to say Edler should have known Smith was going to be there." [Pass it to Bulis]
• Meet Danny DeKeyser, the college defenceman everybody's hot for this year. [Eye on Hockey]
• Patrick Kane's spin-o-rama goal already looked like a video game. Now it really looks like a video game, after being NHL 94'd.